Huge Game For Offensive Line!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huge Game For Offensive Line!!!

Phinguy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Our O-line was on the field for over 40 minutes and continued to open things up for Ricky and protected Jay very well. They are all gonna need some rest and some game balls!

The best part though is that they basically gave our D a bye this week. They only played about 15 minutes right. Imagine that... that will be huge in allowing them to continually fly around well into the season.

Now imagine if our O-line keeps it up (cause we know Ricky will) that will mean our D could be very dominant late in the season!

Yes, they really did a stellar job tonite also and showed great heart out there!

Persoanally, I don't think out O-line played all that well tonight. They did a mediocre job at best. Tonight's perforamance was ALL Ricky. On most of his carries, he had no hole to run through and just pushed the pile forward with sheer power.

The holes didn't start developing until mid-4th quarter when the defense was COMPLETELY run-down and out of gas from the amount of time they were on the field and the pounding they were taking.

I think we will be in trouble later in the season if the O-line continues to perform like they did tonight. Because we can't expect Ricky to everpower EVERYONE we face. The O-line will have to step it up and do their part if we expect to continue to be successful on the ground.

We will be pumped for the Giants game big time. Dixon will be back and will split time at G with Perry maybe or Nails. Smith will want to prove he is for real against Strahan. Wade looks back on track a little. McKinney and Ruddy are getting better as well. Our OL should be ready to ball control the Giants and Jags.

Strahan will be facing Todd Wade for the most part. That could spell big trouble.

To the point, I wasn't that impressed. I think they did a good job of pass blocking in the 2nd half. Wade Smith was getting owned in the first half, but came on later. Still, those guys didn't open any holes for Ricky until late in the game/late in long drives. Granted Buffalo's DL makes it very difficult to run against. And there wasn't nearly as much penetration as their was in the first two games. They didn't get much push. But they weren't allowing lineman into the backfield very often. So that was encouraging. I guess I'll have a more educated answer (whatever that's worth) after I watch the game again and focus entirely on OL.

But I think we're all looking for the OL to actually knock people off the ball. And I'm waiting to see all that cross blocking and misdirection we saw last year when everything was clicking.

Originally posted by grooves12
Persoanally, I don't think out O-line played all that well tonight. They did a mediocre job at best. Tonight's perforamance was ALL Ricky. On most of his carries, he had no hole to run through and just pushed the pile forward with sheer power.

The holes didn't start developing until mid-4th quarter when the defense was COMPLETELY run-down and out of gas from the amount of time they were on the field and the pounding they were taking.

I think we will be in trouble later in the season if the O-line continues to perform like they did tonight. Because we can't expect Ricky to everpower EVERYONE we face. The O-line will have to step it up and do their part if we expect to continue to be successful on the ground.

I don't discount Ricky's probowl performance at all he did make many of his own holes. Remember, though, the Buffalo Defense is a very very good defense. Also in the fourth quarter we did wear down their D. but our O-line was on the field just as long as their D-line and still kept playing hard and winning those battles.

Originally posted by grooves12

The O-Line did a great job. Who have all of the sports analysts been talking about the last 2 weeks? The bills and their defence. The buffalo DTs, Sam Adams and the Pat Williams both weigh over 320 pounds. Seriously, How frikin hard would it be to create a hole over sam adams.
This defence shut out the patriots in week one and held the jaguars to 17 points. Also with pro bowl players like MIlloy, and Spikes. Its gonna be hard to creat holes.
When Your O-Line drives for 42 Carrys, Moving a defence down the field like that, Thats Admazing.

Wade Smith had a horrible first quarter. He gave up a sack and at least two runs for losses. He came back and played a lot better later though, so at least he made good adjustments. That's an encouraging sign.

Back
Top Bottom