Huizenga Has Made His Decision on Wanny / Skolnick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huizenga Has Made His Decision on Wanny / Skolnick

That doesn't say it specifically. Let's just hope against it. Maybe Wanny wants another job. I think he likes the cold trash in Barfalo. Please, take him there! Anywhere but here!

Well I believe he had one year left on his contract. Could happen. But he (H. W.)could also hire a new GM and remove some of Wanny's "final say" authority. I would like an offensive minded HC with some fire back with us though. We soon shall see.....

You're right. It's late and I misread it as "has decided to" instead of "has decided WHETHER to". My bad people... sorry for the heart attacks I caused... including my own!

Edit the title of the thread so you don't confuse more people.

Based on this, and the discussions about getting a new GM, that Wanny will NOT be fired. Wanny will be given "one more year", as Huizenga will honor the contract. Let's start looking forward to next season....

Title fixed. :)

The decision will be to fire Wanny. If Wayne was going to keep him, he would have informed Wanny and the press.....giving his coach a "vote of confidence".

But the fact that he has not spoken to Wanny and will not reveal his decision until Monday at the earliest means the deal has been sealed. He will not distract Wanny this week (anymore than he can help).

Wanny is gone.

My only concern is, who will be the new head coach?? All of these assistants under contract, who happen to be in our division, will not be allowed to go to Miami without breaking their contracts. I have this suspicion that Wanny will be given ultimatums and allowed to keep his job. If Mare makes a FG against New England, we're in the playoffs and Wanny buys more time. So how is he any different of a coach??

I thought he would decide after the Jets game, hopefully Wanny is gone.

I agree with Muck. I can't see how this decision can go in Wanny's favor. I think if he had a chance of staying, the decision would have had to been rendered after this week's game and it being a victory. The fact, that this game means nothing even if we win it, in regards to saving Wany's job, leads me to believe it can't be saved.

Wayne H also knows that public opinion (from the fans) overwhelmingly is in favor of firing Wannstedt. If he were to announce today he's keeping Wannstedt, it might turn out to be a real ugly scene at the game Sunday. He announces that decision Monday, everyone has 9 months to cool off and accept the decision, pretty much like last year.

I really hope Huizenga made the decision to fire Wannstedt. When I read the first post, I got scared, but then I clicked on the link and there was nothing that said that he was staying.

Back
Top Bottom