Huizenga Has Made His Decision on Wanny / Skolnick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huizenga Has Made His Decision on Wanny / Skolnick

Originally posted by relive1972
Wayne H also knows that public opinion (from the fans) overwhelmingly is in favor of firing Wannstedt. If he were to announce today he's keeping Wannstedt, it might turn out to be a real ugly scene at the game Sunday. He announces that decision Monday, everyone has 9 months to cool off and accept the decision, pretty much like last year.

Very good point.

decision made !!

WOW !! I think he's out, or in a different position (wanny)

it's logical, if things were to stay the same it would be ok to announce it today but there was a change somewhere that's why he wants to wait, so it won't affect the play of sundays game.

i'm hyped up i just found out my boy got 3 free txx from his boss hundred level !!! ill be sportin my new ricky orange !!! YEAHHHH!! go finz !! kick ars !!!

I read it differently.....I was told that Wanny was DEFINATELY FIRED if we missed the playoffs this year...but I get the sense that he will be retained and a GM will be brought in............

Here is the thing.....The Big "O" has been running through his sources and "watching" who comes into town......No GM type has come down for a interview.........we NEED to have a GM before Super Bowl week....That is when you shmooze free agents.......

I got a feeling that Spielman will get upped......and wanny will be demoted to just HC........if that happens......expect Spielman to fire alot of assistants........

Here is one problem.....if Wanny is retained, they have to extend his contract...because we cannot have a coach in his final year of his contract as a complete "lame duck".

Yeah, didn't they make it clear and the beginning of the year that it was pretty much AFC championship or fired, then it was playoffs or fired, now it's just be mediocre and keep your job? Wayne is on crack if he keeps this loser. He will lose many, many fans, I know that if the decision comes down to keep Wanny, most of my Fins things (except for Marino items) will be appearing on Ebay that night. No joke. I'll provide the link! lol

Muck's earlier point about WH not giving DW a vote of confidence rings true with me, as does the response about WH not wanting a fan revolt tomorrow, thus he is delaying the announcement of DW's return...

so here is my two cents worth: there is too much Spurrier hype going around for me to think Wannstedt is coming back... on Fox's pregame show today Bradshaw mentioned how miserable coach Superior's wife is in Washington, and what a circus that franchise has become again at the end of this year (as it seemingly has in each year of Snyder's ownership).

i dont know if this was entirely Terry's opinion or based on some information he had but was not willing to divulge. they basicly said Spurrier is gone from Washington no matter what, but left off by saying Steve Spurrier will be in Florida next season.

now, counting the Florida teams in the NFL, there is only one coach on the hot seat. maybe he will be returning to UF, but i dont see a man with his momuental ego limping back to Gainesville with his tail between his legs after an NFL run that has to be decribed as mediocre at best, and that would be what many would perceive him as doing, if he were to go back to the Gators.

so let's assume for the sake of fun that SS becomes the Miami coach next year (ugh... i cannot believe i typed that). our QB depth chart will look something like this: Starter: ????????? 2nd string: Wuerffel, 3rd string: Shane Matthews. no wait, Shane second and Danny third. no wait Shane is 2nd and Danny's been cut. oh wait, he re-signed Danny and cut Shane.

Well, Jay Fiedler does throw that "Spurrier ball". So maybe we'll just pick up that option on 'ol Jay. ;)

IMO, Dave is done. Wayne will not bring him back. Wayne has seen the team's lack of killer instinct. He's seen their lack of discipline. And he saw how poorly the offense performed at New England with 10 days to prepare.

In short, Wayne Huizenga has seen what a Wannstedt-coached team filled with superstars has done for four years. And simply put, "they don't hit good pitching".

He declined to extend Wannstedt's contract after the team missed the playoffs last season. And he came to the public calling for more aggression and more variation. In short, he wanted better football and a better end result.

Now here we sit, at best one game better......but still no playoffs. And we suffered virtually NO INJURIES for the second consecutive season. At some point, those in charge must be held accountable.

That point is now. Wanny is in charge. And Wayne will follow thru.

I wish Dave the best of luck in the future. He's a great man and a heck of a football coach. He's just not a great NFL head football coach. He'll resurface and turn someone else's defense around.

Originally posted by CharlestonPhan
Muck's earlier point about WH not giving DW a vote of confidence rings true with me, as does the response about WH not wanting a fan revolt tomorrow, thus he is delaying the announcement of DW's return...

so here is my two cents worth: there is too much Spurrier hype going around for me to think Wannstedt is coming back... on Fox's pregame show today Bradshaw mentioned how miserable coach Superior's wife is in Washington, and what a circus that franchise has become again at the end of this year (as it seemingly has in each year of Snyder's ownership).

i dont know if this was entirely Terry's opinion or based on some information he had but was not willing to divulge. they basicly said Spurrier is gone from Washington no matter what, but left off by saying Steve Spurrier will be in Florida next season.

now, counting the Florida teams in the NFL, there is only one coach on the hot seat. maybe he will be returning to UF, but i dont see a man with his momuental ego limping back to Gainesville with his tail between his legs after an NFL run that has to be decribed as mediocre at best, and that would be what many would perceive him as doing, if he were to go back to the Gators.

so let's assume for the sake of fun that SS becomes the Miami coach next year (ugh... i cannot believe i typed that). our QB depth chart will look something like this: Starter: ????????? 2nd string: Wuerffel, 3rd string: Shane Matthews. no wait, Shane second and Danny third. no wait Shane is 2nd and Danny's been cut. oh wait, he re-signed Danny and cut Shane.

very entertaining :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry:

i dont think that anyone in their right minds want ss here!

Back
Top Bottom