Huizenga jummped for the best of both worlds.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huizenga jummped for the best of both worlds....

Originally posted by Graythreat
I've been wondering about this whole keep wanny and get a GM thing. And I think I kind of figured out WHY he did this.

I think our GM will truely be a GM. Wanny will be stripped of power, and the GM will have all the personel decisions. I don't think this is a smoke screen.

I think Huizenga see's two different glasses of water.

The first glass is half full. It says that we are a spark in our offense away from making the SB. That we can win the big dance with our awesome defense. Many people think that we have this "window". i tend to disagree a little bit, as I think we need to start looking past this window of oppertunity, but I'll agree that it is there none the less.

The next glass says that our defense can't win it, and we need to rebuild around our young Offense. I kind of lean this way. I'm not ready to discount the abilities of our defense, I just think that we've been in "a window of oppertunity" mode a little too long, and are neglecting our future for it. Thus my reasoning for drafting a QB in the first round.

What's this all mean? It means Huizenga was probably torn between the two. Scrapping the front office would mean throwing in the towel with a talented D, while keeping it as is would surely hurt us down the road.

So IMO he kept Dave because Dave wants to win now. Dave NEEDS to win now. If we are going to make use of a window in the next 2 years, it'll need to be with a guy that NEEDS to succeed in that time frame.

The GM is for the future. He's not tied to the coach, and can actually use the coach as an out when things go bad. Our GM will draft for the future, while continuing to find cheap talent to better our team.

This will allow us to build around our young offense, while giving the man with the most to lose by Dolphins failure the shot to make the best of our window of oppertunity.

In retrospect....smart move Huizenga....

i see what you're saying, but, IMO, Wannstedt, won't win. Now or ever. It just ain't in him. it doesn't matter what his W-l record is. break it down against winning teams and losing teams. this year was 8-1 against losing teams and 2-5 against the winners. Bottom line is, Wannay can not beat the good teams and until we do, we're not going anywhere.

Re: Re: Huizenga jummped for the best of both worlds....

Originally posted by DeDolfan

i see what you're saying, but, IMO, Wannstedt, won't win. Now or ever. It just ain't in him. it doesn't matter what his W-l record is. break it down against winning teams and losing teams. this year was 8-1 against losing teams and 2-5 against the winners. Bottom line is, Wannay can not beat the good teams and until we do, we're not going anywhere.

I agree as well. I won't cry any tears when he's gone.

But when I look at the other possible coaches, it's questionable if any of them are better than Wanny (available coaches). The only proven Coach is Denny. He'd be the top of my list, but again that would mean scrapping our team, and rebuilding when we sitll have a shot with our Defense leading the way.

The other possibilities are college coaches (Saban) who would have to try to make that transition from college ball to the Pro's. Totally untested, and if we were to bring him in, and have him fail we'd be SOL for a long time to rebuild after a flop job. Then again that's an IF.

The most intriguing prospect on the market IMO is also by far the most Dangerous. It would have been Spurrier. Spurrier did the ultimate choke job in Wash. But he now has NFL experience. The ONE THING I like about him, is his pass game. Bringin him in, would assure that we get a talented Rookie QB and jump start our Offense. That's what has held us back this year, he could provide that immediate spark to our offense, while at the same time runing the rest of our team.

Too many If's out there. While I want a real coach as well, we might do well to sit on Wanny for awhile. But if a top tier coach show sup, we better make ajump at him. It really sucked passing up Mariucci last year.

Re: Re: Re: Huizenga jummped for the best of both worlds....

Originally posted by Graythreat

I agree as well. I won't cry any tears when he's gone.

But when I look at the other possible coaches, it's questionable if any of them are better than Wanny (available coaches). The only proven Coach is Denny. He'd be the top of my list, but again that would mean scrapping our team, and rebuilding when we sitll have a shot with our Defense leading the way.

The other possibilities are college coaches (Saban) who would have to try to make that transition from college ball to the Pro's. Totally untested, and if we were to bring him in, and have him fail we'd be SOL for a long time to rebuild after a flop job. Then again that's an IF.

The most intriguing prospect on the market IMO is also by far the most Dangerous. It would have been Spurrier. Spurrier did the ultimate choke job in Wash. But he now has NFL experience. The ONE THING I like about him, is his pass game. Bringin him in, would assure that we get a talented Rookie QB and jump start our Offense. That's what has held us back this year, he could provide that immediate spark to our offense, while at the same time runing the rest of our team.

Too many If's out there. While I want a real coach as well, we might do well to sit on Wanny for awhile. But if a top tier coach show sup, we better make ajump at him. It really sucked passing up Mariucci last year.

True and particularly now, there are even fewer coaches to choose from. But i'm almost to the point that I think almost anybody couldn't do any worse, nFL experience or not. hell, let's go across town and get Larry Coker from UM or go up the road and get the HS coaches from Ely and/or Chaminade etc. nothing to lose but maybe we gain better draft picks??!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom