Huizenga saving money??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huizenga saving money???

TeeMoney

Kid A
Club Member
Reaction score
I wonder if (and this is very cynical), Huizenga is NOT firing Wanndstedt this year so he can save some money. He will save money by not getting into the upcoming bidding war for the few desireable coaches, and many jobs to fill. I don't believe Huizenga can settle for any coach but the best candidate out there, and in order to get that person, he will have to pay (2-3 million a year seems about right). I could be way off base, but if Huizenga hires a GM with power to fire the coach, you have to expect that Wanndstedt will be gone next year, this extention that was signed was just to keep Wanndstedt from being a lame duck coach- so he can keep some control over the players. Unless this new GM makes some grand changes, and really confronts Wanndstedt on his personel philosophy- I am apt to believe that Huizenga has gotten himself out of a high priced bidding war.

Im aped to believe that it is much more than money.

I do not see that many guys out there worth getting into a bidding war over - Green, Fassel. I w/like C Weis as much to get a OC as HC and take away from NE, but that w/likely not happen. There is no HC out there that is a sure thing better than Wanne. And you can blame the season on some bad decisions - DT and Dixon by the FO and Mare missing a few FGs. So getting someone else to decide on players to get the HC 2 more or so wins makes a little sense - even for someone who wants a new HC like me

Trust me if Huizenga saw in his mind a coach that could really change his team he would do it. 1m to Huizenga that's nothing. Just to get to the playoffs brings more money than that to Huizenga's pocket.

Originally posted by Jaj
Trust me if Huizenga saw in his mind a coach that could really change his team he would do it. 1m to Huizenga that's nothing. Just to get to the playoffs brings more money than that to Huizenga's pocket.

Exactly.

If Huizenga were trying to save money and not get rid of Wannstedt until after the 2004 season, why would he extend Wannstedt's contract until 2006?

Dolphins will always make money for Huizenga, its not a money issue here...

and like the others have said and i have said, who could he bring in that would be an improvement that would have a reasonable shot to win the superbowl in 05?

The MAJOR problem with this argument is that Huizenga is actually ADDING payroll not cutting it. By hiring a GM he's going to be paying out close to- if not in excess of- an aditional $1million per year so that amount on top of Dave's existing salary, would certainly be enough to bring in most of the coaching candidates that are out there right now (this is assuming no GM would be hired with the firing of Wanny.)

"There is no HC out there that is a sure thing better than Wanne. "

Imagine if the 49ers had said that before they hired Walsh. Imagine if the Redskins had said that before they hired Gibbs. Imagine if the Giants had said that before they hired Parcells. etc., etc., etc...

Back
Top Bottom