Humble Pie on the menu? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Humble Pie on the menu?

NathanHunt

Fluff Girls are underpaid.
Reaction score
I know every FinFan hopes for a SB every year about this time. Rightfully so... they are our team. Placing the Optimism/Pessimism royal rumble on hold... I would like to begin a thread on another angle to this offseason.

For so many years, we've heard the media (not all, but some) and fan hype of Miami "making their Super Bowl run". Speculations of "is this the year?" and "is this the final piece?" have haunted this team for some time.... and the fans.

It seems we have hit relatively few pot holes along our preseason journey's in the past few years. No major public preseason contraversies have plaqued us in recent years. We've always had more media positives than negatives. Whether it be the trade for Ricky, hiring of Norv, acquisition of Junior or other free agent moves. Our preseason ears have been relatively pinned back.

And now we begin this year. It seems the media distractions have come at the team from every angle. And it is seemingly non-stop. But, I can foresee this as a good thing.

Maybe it is exactly what this team/organization/fan base needed. Something to temporarily take our eyes off the stars, so to speak. This offseason might help our players, coaches, fans and administration regain focus. Help brings us all down to reality. The reality that we are not the ordained Champs of the upcoming year. The reality that we have problems... tangible ones.

I feel this might be exactly what we all needed. A little bit of Humble Pie.

I know it's been something I've felt we've needed for some time.

What does everyone else think?

I could use some warm apple pie. :cp: :foundout:

NathanHunt said:
I know every FinFan hopes for a SB every year about this time. Rightfully so... they are our team. Placing the Optimism/Pessimism royal rumble on hold... I would like to begin a thread on another angle to this offseason.

For so many years, we've heard the media (not all, but some) and fan hype of Miami "making their Super Bowl run". Speculations of "is this the year?" and "is this the final piece?" have haunted this team for some time.... and the fans.

It seems we have hit relatively few pot holes along our preseason journey's in the past few years. No major public preseason contraversies have plaqued us in recent years. We've always had more media positives than negatives. Whether it be the trade for Ricky, hiring of Norv, acquisition of Junior or other free agent moves. Our preseason ears have been relatively pinned back.

And now we begin this year. It seems the media distractions have come at the team from every angle. And it is seemingly non-stop. But, I can foresee this as a good thing.

Maybe it is exactly what this team/organization/fan base needed. Something to temporarily take our eyes off the stars, so to speak. This offseason might help our players, coaches, fans and administration regain focus. Help brings us all down to reality. The reality that we are not the ordained Champs of the upcoming year. The reality that we have problems... tangible ones.

I feel this might be exactly what we all needed. A little bit of Humble Pie.

I know it's been something I've felt we've needed for some time.

What does everyone else think?
I think your post sounds exactly like something I would say..... :eek:

I agree, BTW...:D

I think despite the teams problems we will still be able to win at least 10 games. We are not as bad as many out there and our problems are not issues that can't be fixed.

There is nothing wrong in keeping a team humble. I just think there is better ways that can be accomplished rather than the rolle coaster ride of this off season.

There is nothing like winning that can heal all the rifts, squables, and personality clashes. Winning Heals All wounds.

I would say damn those who arent with the Dolphins and I'd welcome the rest of the true fans. Dolfans stick together no matter what is said.

Good post Nathan. This will probably be first time in years we're not considered "serious" contenders by the national media. That could be a good thing.

Its a good thought, but I don't subscribed to the theory that the Fins have been complacent or unfocused.

I subscribe to the SSH theory (sometimes sh*t happens). The Fins have been a good but not great team for many years. For a variety of reasons, they have not been able to get over the hump. The biggest reason is that other teams are trying to win the SB too and the NFL has achieved parity. The league is designed to allow every team a legitimate chance to build a winning franchise. That parity makes it more difficult to win the SB. I don't believe we will see any dynasties in the NFL. I don't believe the Pats qualify, yet.

All things being equal, you should win the SB every 32 years and damn it we are due.

Great post! I had read some talk about this thoery before and agree that the distractions could be what they need to bring the team together and give them the "it us against the world and no one gave us a chance approch!

Maybe that pie can be given back to the media if our players use it for motivation and play hard every down like it was there last. "To win a championship is like going to heaven," is what my old coach used to say. He also said,"You have to die to go to heaven." So that means leave it all out there on the field every game. That is what it will take for this team to take the next step.

"It seems we have hit relatively few pot holes along our preseason journey's in the past few years."

is that what ricky hit a pot hole?

dolfanreal69 said:
Maybe that pie can be given back to the media if our players use it for motivation and play hard every down like it was there last. "To win a championship is like going to heaven," is what my old coach used to say. He also said,"You have to die to go to heaven." So that means leave it all out there on the field every game. That is what it will take for this team to take the next step.

:cry: :cry: That was beautiful man! :cry: :cry:

Contrasting view?????

The Dolphins have not had distractions in the offseason.

The Dolphins have benefited from not having many distractions in the offseason.

The Dolphins have been consistent in winning enough to be good but not great with average talent because of the ability to keep focused.

Let's hope talent during the season overrides distraction in the offseason.

I think we can all agree, the one thing the Phins have in their favor this season is the schedule. It's not easy by any means but it's the best they've had in years. I'm thinking it should be good for at least 2 wins.

Of all the let downs we had the past few years maybe a little controversy is all we need in the beginning of the season to get us focused and determined

Back
Top Bottom