Hunt Game #2 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hunt Game #2

Hunt looks like an OG to me. If he plays against speed he’s going to need TE/RB help.
I've always been a believer in chipping fast DE's, regardless of who is at the tackle position.

I've always been a believer in chipping fast DE's, regardless of who is at the tackle position.
Which would help him to not only continue to grow, but hide any perceived deficiency with speed rushers. I don't think he'll be a turnstile by any stretch at RT. I think he'll be quite serviceable. But a monster inside. Don't know how he'd handle the other side as Solomon is all I knew he would be with some development that'll make him a mainstay.

I'll tell you one play I definitely noticed about Hunt. It was a sack, with terrible execution by the whole line, and Hunt had to block two guys by himself. But here's the punchline: it wasn't either of his guys that sacked Fitz. That's right, Hunt blocked two guys on a play and neither got close to the QB.

Just a funny story, it doesn't really mean anything.
It means everything.

This is why I still view OL as being in play for first round consideration. Especially Center if we can land Creed Humphrey from Oklahoma with OUR first. Outside of him there are still solid 3rd/4th round options who would still likely be an upgrade over Karras.

Ereck Flowers will likely start for one more year before they go with a cheaper option in 2022.

It’s going to be a defense (front 7) heavy draft for us but I expect at least one Center, WR and RB to be taken in the first 4 rounds.

It means everything.

This is why I still view OL as being in play for first round consideration. Especially Center if we can land Creed Humphrey from Oklahoma with OUR first. Outside of him there are still solid 3rd/4th round options who would still likely be an upgrade over Karras.

Ereck Flowers will likely start for one more year before they go with a cheaper option in 2022.

It’s going to be a defense (front 7) heavy draft for us but I expect at least one Center, WR and RB to be taken in the first 4 rounds.

Nah. it really doesn't. The Jets players got in each other's way, that's all. Could only happen against the Jets.

If we pick up 2 or 3 more good to serviceable OL's this next draft, we could be set for the next decade with a good oline.

Got a shout out from pff. As one of the duds of the week:

Rookie studs and duds following NFL Week 6

T ROBERT HUNT, MIAMI DOLPHINS
Week 6 overall grade: 39.8
In what is a fairly constant theme of this article, rookie linemen — particularly those drafted outside of the top picks — struggle immensely early in their NFL careers. Second-round tackle Robert Hunt held up well a week ago against the 49ers, but the wheels came off this week against the Jets.

He allowed four total pressures, but that doesn’t come close to reflecting the totality of his negative plays in the game. He had another two clean pass protection losses, allowed his man to make the tackle in the run game three times and was flagged for a false start in addition to several more negative grades that didn’t actually generate anything we could call a stat.

The NFL is a tough landscape for rookie offensive linemen, even those who escaped intact from the previous week.

I think Hunt will really benefit the most when Miami starts running more RPOs. I have seen him several times take his sets too deep on pass pro and his guy gets too close. With being on Tua's blindside this could be an issue. When it comes to run blocking he's a beast though.

All the new parts on the o-line are meshing very well together. Robert Hunt looks to me like a very determined and powerful force on the right side. All he needs is exactly what he's getting now, experience. I love all 3 rookies that we drafted for the o-line. I've never said that before. Grier gets high marks for fixing the o-line finally. I'm sure he had a lot of help but it doesn't matter because the main thing is we are getting superior results from our picks.
With Tua getting the start I expect Gailey to rely on quick passes and a heavy dose of Gaskin. Brady always got the ball out quickly and it frustrated the d-line because they never could get there. That might be the best way to keep Aaron Donald and friends neutralized. With 2 weeks to prepare Gailey will have some sweet stuff to run with Tua in there. Who's ready to see a GREAT QB in a Miami Dolphin uniform. We've waited, we've suffered, we've drank massive amounts of liquor, we've wept, we've kicked in TVs, we've ended relationships because the girl turned out to be unlucky for the Dolphins and now finally the prize of the 2020 draft is here. In his first 24 starts he was 22-2!!! I believe he will elevate our offense quickly! Are we ready for some Tua???!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!! I'm not afraid of the Rams, they didn't look so awesome. Tua has to win his first start!!

If we pick up 2 or 3 more good to serviceable OL's this next draft, we could be set for the next decade with a good oline.
We need to hit on a servicable OL every draft. Between FA, injuries, suspensions...keeping the OL and DL stocked with talent never ends. Those are building blocks of each unit...I don't care how talented to QB, RB, WR, LB, CB, and S are...if you aren't good up front, you aren't going to be good.

In what is a fairly constant theme of this article, rookie linemen — particularly those drafted outside of the top picks — struggle immensely early in their NFL careers. Second-round tackle Robert Hunt held up well a week ago against the 49ers, but the wheels came off this week against the Jets.

He allowed four total pressures, but that doesn’t come close to reflecting the totality of his negative plays in the game. He had another two clean pass protection losses, allowed his man to make the tackle in the run game three times and was flagged for a false start in addition to several more negative grades that didn’t actually generate anything we could call a stat.

The NFL is a tough landscape for rookie offensive linemen, even those who escaped intact from the previous week.

PFF is BS, he didn't play as well as last week but also plenty positives, which they haven't mentioned. Check out Baldinger´s breakdown.

Good stuff. So this is his baseline. Hopefully, his next game he is in the mid 40's and trend keeps going up. I don't know what this means, but am guessing he won his battles 40% of time. As a rookie, not from a P5 conference, its okay. Good coaching staffs and good organizations take players with raw tools and skills and develop them. If we see steady progress from him, that speaks volumes about him as well and the coaching staff.

My hometown is the home of La Lafayette (it'll always be USL to me). So i am especially rooting for this kid. But, he has to improve and he has to produce. Otherwise, he'll just be another player that i rooted for that let me down. But I am optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom