Hunt to Test F/A | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hunt to Test F/A

I'm going to seriously disagree with what has been said here...

I'd pay him.

He is the highest rated interior lineman on ALL of the FA lists... and with Armstead leaving in 2025, we will have room for a second well-paid lineman. (Jackson only making a mid-high amount).

He is my #1 priority... not Wilkins... long term.

I'd sign him to a 5 year contract and not look back.

Considering the type of money far less talented players get over paid in free agency?

Hunt can play two positions.

He’s getting that money.
not from us but surely someone else will. Spotrac has him at this number, I'd do this but no way 17m

$11.8MAVG. ANNUAL SALARY

Market Value​

• 4 yrs, $47,391,852
  • Avg. Salary: $11,847,963
  • NFL Rank: 183
  • G Rank: 16

I'd pay him.

He is the highest rated interior lineman on ALL of the FA lists... and with Armstead leaving in 2025, we will have room for a second well-paid lineman. (Jackson only making a mid-high amount).

I don't see that.

Pro Football Focus' Gordon McGuinness recently released their offensive guard rankings ahead of the 2023 season. While there are 64 starting guards in the league, McGuinness ranked only 32, so it's no surprise that the Dolphins only had one representative in Robert Hunt, who came in at No. 17.

And believe me, I loved the pick (great story) and love his play

I'd pay him.

I agree.

I don't see that.

Pro Football Focus' Gordon McGuinness recently released their offensive guard rankings ahead of the 2023 season. While there are 64 starting guards in the league, McGuinness ranked only 32, so it's no surprise that the Dolphins only had one representative in Robert Hunt, who came in at No. 17.

And believe me, I loved the pick (great story) and love his play

FA rankings...

He is the highest rated AVAILABLE interior lineman... and he's young-- which is when you want to lock them up.

I'd pay him.

I agree... Wilkins I kind of get either way... I don't get letting Hunt go at all

FA rankings...

He is the highest rated AVAILABLE interior lineman... and he's young-- which is when you want to lock them up.
last year would have been the time no? This year he gets the FA loot. Also, Isn't Dotson better stats wise

Last edited:

I'd pay him.

Completely agree.

Miami needs several new o-linemen, so it wouldn't make sense to pay Hunt a lot of money. He was decent, but he wasn't "elite". Besides, he was always one of the most penalized players on the team, so let him go. And, with Williams probably going to be less than 100% after his injury, they'll need a new starting Center too. Unfortunately, Grier is still the guy who will be getting new linemen.

He only had one penalty in 2023, but he did lead the team with nine in 2022.

Would hate to see him go.

But this is the draft to replace our o line.

3 starting quality centers in this draft and quite a few guards that could be available near 55 ( Beebe, Haynes)

I personally am going into this offseason with the philosophy that only RT is set next year.

Miami couple very plausibly get a starting T,C and guard in this draft.

Don't get tempted with the Nubins, Sweats and Coopers in this draft.

O line o line o line.

However, resigning Hunt would be my top priority personally

$17 million sounds a bit rich, but with the cap increase that's probably fair. That's just outside the top 5 paid guards.

Was leaning toward letting him walk when I first read that number, but I think I would keep Hunt. It keeps the right side of our line intact and provides some continuity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom