Hurricanes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurricanes

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Ok, so first we lose to UNC, and then we lose to Clemsuck? CLEMSUCK? What a joke. I can't believe the Hurricanes are losing these games to inferior teams.

Same as last year, they get some kind of hangover when they lose.

Have fun in the ACC Canes.

Also have fun, in Charlotte at the bowl game named after a tire company! lol lol

Hurry up guys, it's time to abandon ship!!!!

dolphinsfan69 said:
Clemsuck......i don't think so.

You guys lost to Duke today, so yes, I do think so. I'm applying to South Carolina so I have gained a hatred for Clemsuck (I could easily get into both, but I'd rather not live in rural bum**** for four years and agriculture and engineering don't interest me at all). :)

That means Miami lost to a team that lost to Duke, but at least they beat Virginia today. :)

Bling said:
Hurry up guys, it's time to abandon ship!!!!

:rolleyes2

The funny thing though is that if I don't go to UM next year, the Hurricanes will be my number 2 team behind whatever college I go to. I'm not a fairweather fan, and I'll probably end up at a school with a way worse football team, but I know that I'm just going to end up supporting the school I go to more.

The Hurricanes will end up at a BCS game this year anyway. A bad season by our standards, but we are still better than the Noles and Gators. :)

iceblizzard69 said:
:rolleyes2

The funny thing though is that if I don't go to UM next year, the Hurricanes will be my number 2 team behind whatever college I go to. I'm not a fairweather fan, and I'll probably end up at a school with a way worse football team, but I know that I'm just going to end up supporting the school I go to more.

The Hurricanes will end up at a BCS game this year anyway. A bad season by our standards, but we are still better than the Noles and Gators. :)

I know not you specifically...but if you lived in Miami, you'd be amazed at how everyone abandoned on the Dolphins calling them losers.. now imagine if UM took a 180...

btw, we're winning the ACC Championship.

MikeO said:

Also have fun, in Charlotte at the bowl game named after a tire company! lol lol

Wait till we reload. It's no secret that we are "down" this year. Once Berlin moves on and we reload, look out.

Bling said:
I know not you specifically...but if you lived in Miami, you'd be amazed at how everyone abandoned on the Dolphins calling them losers.. now imagine if UM took a 180...

Yeah, there are definitely some fairweather fans down there, the attendance at the last few Dolphins games have been pathetic. :(

I don't know what would happen in terms of fan support if UM started to suck. They are private and smaller than a lot of the schools they compete against, which means that less of their fans attended that school than fans of other teams, and it also means their students section probably has less fans in it than many of the teams they compete against (including your Seminoles). You could be right about fans jumping ship, sadly it happens a lot down in South Florida. People just start supporting the good teams (Heat) and stop showing up when a team is having a bad season. It's really sad.

I assume you mean you'll get the BCS bid from the ACC. The ACC Championship looks more and more as if it will be split between at least two teams.
Do you know how the ACC tiebreakers work? Let's just put it this way, it's far from a forgone conclusion that FSU wins the ACC's BCS bid. Vag. Tech is the only team that truly controls its own destiny. If they win out, they're in. There are numerous other scenarios as to who gets the BCS bid if three or more teams finish tied. The most likely is that UM and FSU finish tied with either UVA or Vag. Tech. FSU fans have to hope that third team is Vag. Tech, while UM fans want it to be Virginia. If it's Vag. Tech, the highest ranked team between the three (FSU, UM, VT) in the BCS gets the bid. If it's UVA, UM will get the bid provided they are within 5 spots of FSU's BCS rating.

iceblizzard69 said:
Ok, so first we lose to UNC, and then we lose to Clemsuck? CLEMSUCK? What a joke. I can't believe the Hurricanes are losing these games to inferior teams.
They're too thick-headed. They don't prepare properly for average/below average teams. They think they're too good for that, and no one has a chance against them, and these teams practice hard and really prepare for them. I'm a Miami fan no matter what, but they have to change that attitude.

MikeO said:

the Continental Tire Bowl was never a real possibility for them, if they don't win the ACC, it's a stronger chance that they will go to either the Peach Bowl, or the Gator Bowl. Most likely the Peach Bowl, because if the Gators win another game, they will be eligiable, and they would love to see a Miami/Florida game. If the Gators don't win another game, and Miami loses another, there's a good chance it will be Miami/Alabama in the Peach Bowl. And even though I go to Bama, and am in the band, I would sit in the stands with the Bama band, play the fight songs/stand tunes, and pull for Miami.

papafin said:
I assume you mean you'll get the BCS bid from the ACC. The ACC Championship looks more and more as if it will be split between at least two teams.
Do you know how the ACC tiebreakers work? Let's just put it this way, it's far from a forgone conclusion that FSU wins the ACC's BCS bid. Vag. Tech is the only team that truly controls its own destiny. If they win out, they're in. There are numerous other scenarios as to who gets the BCS bid if three or more teams finish tied. The most likely is that UM and FSU finish tied with either UVA or Vag. Tech. FSU fans have to hope that third team is Vag. Tech, while UM fans want it to be Virginia. If it's Vag. Tech, the highest ranked team between the three (FSU, UM, VT) in the BCS gets the bid. If it's UVA, UM will get the bid provided they are within 5 spots of FSU's BCS rating.

Man it was a joke. I don't really know who will win the ACC. Knowing UM, they'll destroy VA Tech.

Man it was a joke. I don't really know who will win the ACC. Knowing UM, they'll destroy VA Tech.

Sorry, text makes it hard to distinguish between jokes/being serious. All jokes aside, it is a very real possibility that FSU wins the bid. As I said, Vag. Tech is the only school that truly controls its own destiny. Makes me sick that Miami is in this position (having to cheer for other teams) because they lost two games. Two games to freakin' UNC and Duke's little beyotch (Clemson). If we don't make the BCS, I can't say I'll feel extremely sorry for the staff and team. As a fan, sure it sucks, but those losses are unacceptable. I don't care how dinged up we are.

Back
Top Bottom