"Hurry Up" Offense? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Hurry Up" Offense?

PolitePolite

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Didn't seem to make much of an impact. I understand that the Texans defense wasn't on the field much in the 3rd quarter, but they weren't tired at all. I was excited about this type of offense going into the season, but I wasn't impressed with the hurry up offense at all. I just didn't see an advantage.

It's been on e game with a rookie QB starting his first NFL game. Relax.

What does Tannehill being a rookie have anything to do with what I just wrote?

Didn't seem to make much of an impact. I understand that the Texans defense wasn't on the field much in the 3rd quarter, but they weren't tired at all. I was excited about this type of offense going into the season, but I wasn't impressed with the hurry up offense at all. I just didn't see an advantage.

Problem with a hurry up offense is that it leaves the defense out on the field to long and it gets beat up and injured just like in the Dan Marino day. Then the defense becomes the excuse and problem. Thats why Jimmy Johnson skuttled the passing attack and went to a running game. Amazing our defense went for being statically the issue of why we were loosing back then with Dan to a strength and why we won a few games. So the phins have been down this road before pass happy with little running game as the excuse on why were not winning enough.

I didn't see anyone commenting on Shermans play calling in the 2nd quarter.

Reggie Bush was killing the Texans up the gut. He had 50 yards 20 minutes unto game.
Then Pass, pass, pass. 4 turnovers game over.

I thought he was supoosed to help out the young rookie QB. Make them stop what is working before you change up and lose the game.
On the 1st Int. Bush has just gotten 10 yards on 1st down carry and Texans where looking confused.
He did make a few good calls on screens but I would have kept giving the ball to Reggie until they forced us to pass.

Back
Top Bottom