Hyde5: Heat shouldn't retire Shaquille O'Neal's jersey | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde5: Heat shouldn't retire Shaquille O'Neal's jersey

Interestingly enough the man who was considered the heat's best player all time before Wade was Mourning and he stole money from not one but TWO franchises before hopping on wade and Sahq's backs to get him a title. Shaq didn't steal Mickey's money, he delivered a championship and made the heat a relevant franchise.

I agree with you to an extent. But Zo isn't the only person at fault here though. The Nets were ran by a bunch of rich idiots that didn't know how to manage a team and they were giving contracts away to players that were on the downside of their careers. Zo told them straight up he was ring chasing

I agree with you to an extent. But Zo isn't the only person at fault here though. The Nets were ran by a bunch of rich idiots that didn't know how to manage a team and they were giving contracts away to players that were on the downside of their careers. Zo told them straight up he was ring chasing

Sure but no one else was willing to pay 'Zo and the Nets did taking a HUGE gamble and they got burned. When a team goes out on a limb like that you can't do what he did to them. I lost a ton of respect for 'Zo, I know he's done great things outside of basketball and I applaud him for that but his stealing from the Nets and Raptors changed my opinion of him.

Sure but no one else was willing to pay 'Zo and the Nets did taking a HUGE gamble and they got burned. When a team goes out on a limb like that you can't do what he did to them. I lost a ton of respect for 'Zo, I know he's done great things outside of basketball and I applaud him for that but his stealing from the Nets and Raptors changed my opinion of him.

Thats why agree with you. I didnt like what he did but you can't say that he was never vocal about what he wanted. Toronto is stupid for trading for a guy that was struggling to make it through a whole season b/c of his kidney transplant just b/c they wanted to freeup cap space and move a pissed off Vince Carter. The team doctors should have told them that this was a horrible idea and there was no way he would've passed his physical. Just be glad that the Russian Mobster(I can say his name, can't spell it though) seems like he knows what hes doing.

Hardaway's and Zoe's are already retired along with Jordan's. Similarly, I can see Boston retiring Pierce's number but definitely not KG or RA's

i seem to recall zoe being long in the tooth and having some medical thing that held him back with the heat...he was dang good with the hornets if i recall correctly...

who's this jordan the heat have retired??? can't be michael...

you should have to be special to never have your number worn again...only heat guys i can say that about are wade and lebron...everybody else meh

as for kg he was such a much needed boost to this celtics roster and city i wouldn't be opposed to his number in the rafters with the c's but minnesota should be where his jersey hangs from

i seem to recall zoe being long in the tooth and having some medical thing that held him back with the heat...he was dang good with the hornets if i recall correctly...

you should have to be special to never have your number worn again...only heat guys i can say that about are wade and lebron...everybody else meh

as for kg he was such a much needed boost to this celtics roster and city i wouldn't be opposed to his number in the rafters with the c's but minnesota should be where his jersey hangs from

Lebron will one day earnt hat but after 1 year? Not yet, Shaq deserves it before Lebron as of now b/c he is an all time great and he brought a title to Miami- Lebron will be part of a title team probabyl very soon and he'll be worthy in the coming years but not after just 1 year.

Lebron will one day earnt hat but after 1 year? Not yet, Shaq deserves it before Lebron as of now b/c he is an all time great and he brought a title to Miami- Lebron will be part of a title team probabyl very soon and he'll be worthy in the coming years but not after just 1 year.

no not after 1 year...obviously...but barring the kid getting shot dead in the streets here shortly i don't see how anyone doesn't think he's a lock to have his jersey retired in miami...he's 26 now...got 7 more years at the highest level in him easy

no not after 1 year...obviously...but barring the kid getting shot dead in the streets here shortly i don't see how anyone doesn't think he's a lock to have his jersey retired in miami...he's 26 now...got 7 more years at the highest level in him easy

Absolutely, barring injury he's a lock.

I was at the game that they retired Michael Jordans jersey. I wasn't expecting it and to this day I'm still baffled by it. I still remember Pat Riley's speech right before that where he said Nobody who plays for the Heat will ever wear the #23 again. Whats even more disappointing is that it was the first number to ever get retired for Miami(I think). And the Marino jersey, makes absolutley no sense to me cause obviously its not the same sport and I don't ever see the Dolphins retiring Wades jersey.

so michael jordan had his jersey # retired by the heat...thats a joke...unbelievable...i wonder if the cavs did the same thing with how many times he cut out clevelands hearts in the playoffs

thats just terrible...guy hasn't even ever played in your jersey and his numbers retired...bunch of crap

so michael jordan had his jersey # retired by the heat...thats a joke...unbelievable...i wonder if the cavs did the same thing with how many times he cut out clevelands hearts in the playoffs

thats just terrible...guy hasn't even ever played in your jersey and his numbers retired...bunch of crap

Again, worst part about it was that HE WAS STILL PLAYING FOR WASHINGTON AND IT WAS THE FIRST NUMBER THE HEAT EVER RETIRED

Again, worst part about it was that HE WAS STILL PLAYING FOR WASHINGTON AND IT WAS THE FIRST NUMBER THE HEAT EVER RETIRED

This is another reason Shaq at least deserves consideration to have his # retired. The heat were a mickey mouse operation before Shaq went there and helped turn them into title contenders overnight.

This is another reason Shaq at least deserves consideration to have his # retired. The heat were a mickey mouse operatrion before Shaq went there and helped turn them into title contenders overnight.

True but retired jerseys to me indicate all-time franchise greats within the organization. I wouldn't do it if I was in charge.

Back
Top Bottom