Hyde5: More, Uh, Motivation As Dolphins Rbs, Receivers Rated 31st | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde5: More, Uh, Motivation As Dolphins Rbs, Receivers Rated 31st

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Please let this be the year that everything comes together. I am so sick of the national media.

Here’s Barnwell full thoughts on the Dolphins:

“No team falls further in this year's rankings, as everything that looked promising for Miami in 2017 either didn't work out or didn't come back in 2018. Running back Jay Ajayi is gone and replaced by 35-year-old Frank Gore, who has nearly 15,000 carries on his back. Jarvis Landry has been swapped out for Danny Amendola and Albert Wilson, who have combined for two 100-yard games over the past two seasons. Tight end Julius Thomas whispered through a 388-yard, three-touchdown season, and he has been replaced in the lineup by second-rounder Mike Gesicki, a combination of round and position that has yet to produce even a 700-yard rookie season once. Kenny Stills was less efficient in a larger role, while DeVante Parker spent his presumed breakout season struggling with an ankle injury. The most exciting player left might be halfback Kenyan Drake, who could be squeezed by Gore and rookie fourth-rounder Kalen Ballage.”

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...5-dolphins-skill-rankings-20180712-story.html

Literally no one in the world except for that guy thinks gore will be our feature back??

Ajayi was easily replaced twice last year in-house, long before they signed Frank Gore and Drake is obviously the starter. Also, he mentions Wilson and Amendola combined for two 100 yard games in the 2 years but Landry only had a total of 4 and zero last year. He thinks Gesicki won't contribute because of "round and position" in the draft? Then he never mentions the QB... while ranking offenses... I don't know about the rest of the article but from what I read, I can think of a dozen posters on Finheaven that can do better than this guy

Do i think it's too low? Yes but that's because most of us Dolphin fans and alot of fans of whatever team wear homer glasses. I mean how long have we been talking about how much "talent" we have on offense?
The results just haven't been there. The reality is until they actually do it on the field nobody's going to be a believer including myself.
This ranking is just like alot of the other ranking that Miami is near the bottom of this off-season. The fact is if your not a fan of this team and are thinking with your heart and not your head there is alot of doubt about this team being very good at least on the national level.
I do agree that some of this narrative is based on ignorance in that some of these writers don't take the time to really study and follow every team so i don't put alot of stock in their opinion and neither should any of you...... Just my $.02

So what if Gore is our starter, he still appears to be a solid back with better than average running, catching and blocking skills...Gore-Drake I'm not worried about running the ball, expect a big year from both guy's but it should be the passing game that's going to move this team and score points, that's how Gase has set it up.

Ranking the Dolphins offensive skill players so low does boggles my mind, I'm thinking there the strongest part of this team and I'm hoping Barnwell is dead wrong if not were in for a long season.

Gase needs to script better 15 play's to start the game, we need to get off to faster starts and score more points - more TDs than field goals. I'm a bit worried the don't value the FG and are unwilling to pay a kicker.

In my mind it's Tannehill has to play at a top level and the next 2 aren't even players their coaches, Gase and Burke have to do a better job, everything else will fall in line.

Do i think it's too low? Yes but that's because most of us Dolphin fans and alot of fans of whatever team wear homer glasses. I mean how long have we been talking about how much "talent" we have on offense?
The results just haven't been there. The reality is until they actually do it on the field nobody's going to be a believer including myself.
This ranking is just like alot of the other ranking that Miami is near the bottom of this off-season. The fact is if your not a fan of this team and are thinking with your heart and not your head there is alot of doubt about this team being very good at least on the national level.
I do agree that some of this narrative is based on ignorance in that some of these writers don't take the time to really study and follow every team so i don't put alot of stock in their opinion and neither should any of you...... Just my $.02

Hey man quality post,

I have to disagree with you on a few things mainly when you say people have been talking about our talent on offense but it just hasn't showed up on the field? I would argue that 2016 after the learning curve for the entire offense to learn a new coach, OCs system they took off and most of us "Homers" saw this teams potential reached at the end of 2016. Last year is a wash how many teams can recover after losing their starting qb? And to try and evaluate what this team will do this year imo all rides on the health of RT17.

I can accept that argument and actually agree with you to a degree and am hoping to see that consistency this year.
Let me be clear I'm a RT17 fan and do think that we have the pieces on offense to be good i just want to see it more.

Landry was a fantasy football star. So was Ajayi. No further analysis needed for the national media. Yawn. Just more lazy "journalism".

Just cut your expectations in half...then you'll never be disappointed.

Ajayi was easily replaced twice last year in-house, long before they signed Frank Gore and Drake is obviously the starter. Also, he mentions Wilson and Amendola combined for two 100 yard games in the 2 years but Landry only had a total of 4 and zero last year. He thinks Gesicki won't contribute because of "round and position" in the draft? Then he never mentions the QB... while ranking offenses... I don't know about the rest of the article but from what I read, I can think of a dozen posters on Finheaven that can do better than this guy

Well Landry does have 40 50 yard games compared to 12 from Wilson and 30 from Amendola who has been in the NFL since 2009.

Landry was a fantasy football star. So was Ajayi. No further analysis needed for the national media. Yawn. Just more lazy "journalism".

Thinking Gore is our featured back is the absolute pinnacle of lazy journalism. It's nothing but name recognition and with that being said if you can't recognize Kenyan Drake's name you weren't paying attention towards the end of last year. Why pay attention to a Dolphins team that was out of the playoff hunt right? Well if you cover the NFL you have no excuses. Fans who didn't pay attention to Miami, I get it but not someone who coveres the NFL. Furthermore anyone who plays fantasy football should know who Drake is. While he wasn't a star he was certainly a must start at a thin and important position towards the end of 2017.

Well Landry does have 40 50 yard games compared to 12 from Wilson and 30 from Amendola who has been in the NFL since 2009.
fair enough, but those guys don't get targeted like Landry, either. Amendola averaged just over 60 targets per year in NE, Wilson had 49 per year in KC (Landry had 100 per year)

Back
Top Bottom