Hypothetical situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hypothetical situation

HysterikiLL

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Jets are reportedly looking to trade down and stockpile picks...Is it possible that if we somehow get a Denver 1st for Ricky that we could trade our 2 firsts for the Jets 4th overall pick if a QB is available? Imagine if we were able to land Leinart if for some reason the Titans and Saints combine to take Ferguson and Young!

Here's the value comparison:

Jets 1st round pick - 1800
Fins 1st round pick - 1000
Broncos 1st round pick (a)(from Was) - 780
Broncos 1st round pick (b) - 640

IMO, we may have to give up a 4th round pick or future pick in the deal, but I would do it PROVIDED a solid prospect was available at 4. I like Hawk, Ferguson etc, but if Leinart or Young are gone, I wouldn't do it.

Brick would be the only one I'd wanna trade up that far for.

none of those scenarios are likely at all, but hypothetically, if matt leinart is there at 4, i'll do everything i can to make that deal.

I'd keep the pick we get from Denver and get 2 good player....don't like putting all the eggs in one basket.

Ozzy rules!!

HysterikiLL said:
The Jets are reportedly looking to trade down and stockpile picks...Is it possible that if we somehow get a Denver 1st for Ricky that we could trade our 2 firsts for the Jets 4th overall pick if a QB is available? Imagine if we were able to land Leinart if for some reason the Titans and Saints combine to take Ferguson and Young!

Here's the value comparison:

Jets 1st round pick - 1800
Fins 1st round pick - 1000
Broncos 1st round pick (a)(from Was) - 780
Broncos 1st round pick (b) - 640

IMO, we may have to give up a 4th round pick or future pick in the deal, but I would do it PROVIDED a solid prospect was available at 4. I like Hawk, Ferguson etc, but if Leinart or Young are gone, I wouldn't do it.

I'd do it for Leinart or Ferguson...that's it.

If the Jets are willing to trade down and with a team in their own division (which I'm not sure they are), we could save the bother of trading with Denver and simply trade Ricky and our first for their first. They are looking for a RB and Ricky would be a great fit for them

I don't see Denver trading a 1st for Ricky.....not going to happen.

i think denver will give up a 2nd at best for ricky. if they give up a first i will b shocked

Back
Top Bottom