Hypothetical Situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hypothetical Situation

ocdfinsfan

The Varsity team
Reaction score
Ok say we take Andrews in the first round, the big three qb names are gone, do we take a chance with a qb in the later rounds like a Matt Shaub from University of VA?

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we draft a QB in the 4th or later, but not in the 1st round though (even if Rivers is there)

I think the FO said they will not be drafting a QB this year. Maybe they'll pick one up as an undrafted free agent...

Schaub figures to be a first-day pick, maybe as high as late second round. If he falls to the late rounds, that's great value that you'd have to look at twice. But aside from something like that, I don't think we're taking a QB. Without 2nd or 5th round picks, we need to concentrate on need areas. QB just isn't a need right now.

I'm still wondering. If they do not draft a guy it will be because they really DO want to keep giving Sage Rosenfels a shot. He's a guy who is working his way through the system and if he eventually gets a chance to start and flashes some talent we could trade him away for good compensation like Philly and Feeley, or we could keep him (if Feeley disappoints)

the fins have had better luck picking late round defensive talent. They haven't drafted one QB worthy of being a starter since Dan 20 years ago and I seriously doubt they'll find the 'gem in the rough' aka another brady as an example in the 6th round. They should use their picks on something that has a better chance of panning out for them. We're set at QB and any QB worth anything will be gone by round 2 (and I'm only including that for Losman).

If we don't get a QB in the 1st.......then don't get one at all.

Originally posted by jbond
the fins have had better luck picking late round defensive talent. They haven't drafted one QB worthy of being a starter since Dan 20 years ago and I seriously doubt they'll find the 'gem in the rough' aka another brady as an example in the 6th round. They should use their picks on something that has a better chance of panning out for them. We're set at QB and any QB worth anything will be gone by round 2 (and I'm only including that for Losman).

My sentiments exactly.

i say we trade down and draft losman with the second rounder, then we trade sage for a draft pick next year maybe 3rd or 4th but this year we need to draft a ol with our first ...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I'm still wondering. If they do not draft a guy it will be because they really DO want to keep giving Sage Rosenfels a shot. He's a guy who is working his way through the system and if he eventually gets a chance to start and flashes some talent we could trade him away for good compensation like Philly and Feeley, or we could keep him (if Feeley disappoints)

I was thinking about that too.. Maybe they want Rosenfels to come along slowly and progress through experiences of others like Pennington did in New York?

This Rosenfels situation is odd..

Originally posted by phunwin
But aside from something like that, I don't think we're taking a QB. Without 2nd or 5th round picks, we need to concentrate on need areas. QB just isn't a need right now.

Agreed. With limited picks it makes sense that it would have to be an exceptional value pick which doesn't appear to be there.

What does Rick think of Sage's potential now that Rick is in charge of personnel? They sent Stoerner to Europe and he's struggling but getting some play.

Originally posted by jbond

Agreed. Has anyone seen any opinions from Rick on Sage?

Originally posted by TheBostonBomber
harris harris harris in the late rounds, groom him then unleash him!!!!!!!!

:allhail:

If we take a qb and its not 1 of the top 3 I hope its Jeff Smoker. He's got better ability than many of the mid round guys (Schaub, Pickett who just sucks, Harris) but questions about his character may droip him. he straightned out last year it seemed though and I think hes ready to turn a corner on the field and off.

I think that we might pick one a veteran QB after the june cuts but I agree that taking one in thre late round could be a waste.

Ozzy rules!!

They better give Sage a fair shot soon because he will be a FA next year.

Back
Top Bottom