Hypothetical: The Season We Expected, 6 to 10 wins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hypothetical: The Season We Expected, 6 to 10 wins

overworkedirish

Active Roster
Reaction score
This kind of hypothetical has been addressed peripherally in a few threads, but I wanted to bring it to the forefront. Before the season started, we had some hopes for this team. Lofty? Yes, but not out of the realm of possibility at the time. Many fans saw our team as on the fringe of being playoff contenders. 10-6 at best. Others saw us as the same ol' 7-9ers. I heard some 6-10s, but those posters were generally scoffed at. And we laughed in the faces of columnists who said we were to fall below the lowly Bills (:confused:).

So my question to you is this: What has changed? If we ended up with the middle-of-the-pack record we thought we would: 6-10 to 10-6 and missed the playoffs, as we likely would have (considering the AFC East competition and the AFC wildcard competition). We would be right here, firing Sparano. And unless Henne showed some exceptional skill, we'd be prepared to draft a QB - round 1 like everyone's wanted for quite some time now.

WE'RE RIGHT WHERE WE THOUGHT WE'D BE, BUT BETTER OFF.

Don't be so down on the team just because we "lost out" on Luck - he wasn't ours to begin with. And frankly, this team isn't bad enough to deserve the #1 pick. Enjoy this win, and sleep soundly knowing that we're ahead of the game for three reasons:
1) We know Sparano and this FO is gone.
2) We know Henne's ceiling.
3) We know a QB is our first order of business.

Let things play out. It hurts to see the Colts edge closer to him every game mainly because Manning's been so dominant, but there are future HOFs that get drafted every year by one of the other 31 teams. No one's NFL career is written in stone. Just ask Sterling Sharpe.

This post hits the nail on the head. Of course everyone is optimistic before the season began. Afterall, it is the NFL so it can be any teams year, any given year. But everyones predictions were pretty on par with not making the playoffs or maybe sqeaking in. That being said, with the talent on this team we were never gonna be in the hunt for Luck so we really should just forget about him. And NO ONE would have predicted us to start 0-7. I think thats more a fluke then us just being that terrible. So this year, enjoy the game of football and the team we reluctantly love to the depths of our bones...celebrate the positives(though not many thus far) and think how we can fix the negatives. I know having to surrender to this mantality sucks, but we have no other choice. Next year, clean slate. Just don't expect Luck. We are not and never were the worst team in the NFL

Back
Top Bottom