Hypothetically...IF Madison doesn't redo his contract... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hypothetically...IF Madison doesn't redo his contract...

it was bad because they were all rookies and second year guys, not because they had no ability, they are still learning and they will be fine. they know they are not a sam madison away from the superbowl and have no need to take on his high cap number AND ogunleyes huge salary as well as give up the #1 pick. it wouldnt make sense for them, get the pipe dream out of your head

why dont we sign peyton manning and terrell owens too with the money we save from letting ogun go and madison

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
it was bad because they were all rookies and second year guys, not because they had no ability, they are still learning and they will be fine. they know they are not a sam madison away from the superbowl and have no need to take on his high cap number AND ogunleyes huge salary as well as give up the #1 pick. it wouldnt make sense for them, get the pipe dream out of your head

why dont we sign peyton manning and terrell owens too with the money we save from letting ogun go and madison

Nice, in an effort to discredit a very plausible deal, you made up a totally bogus and impossible deal to counter it, very grown up. Ever heard the saying "you can't compare apples and oranges"? Sit there and think it's a bad deal. Do a little foot work, and you'll realize it would be a great deal for both teams. But everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how misguided it is. So have away.....

No, first i did discredit your deal, because it is not at all plausible for the reasons i've stated, then i compared it to something ridiculous to show that, though not as extreme, both have the same chance of happening...ZERO

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
If I'm SD, a team who has recently invested heavily in the secondary, I do not do this trade. SD has some serious cap issues as well, thus I doubt they could pull the deal off anyhoo

our cap expert himself says it doesnt make sense financially for san diego, we both agree the secondary was heavily invested in with young potential future stars, so where does madison and his high cap number fit in to your plausible deal?

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0

our cap expert himself says it doesnt make sense financially for san diego, we both agree the secondary was heavily invested in with young potential future stars, so where does madison and his high cap number fit in to your plausible deal?

27th in total defense, tied for 25th in rush defense, and 21st in pass defense screams anything but "budding stars"

your attempt to argue that they don't need these two players is a rediculous stance to take. However you may make it if you want. You just might want to educate yourself as to the team you are defending, as to the reasons you are defending them. "young budding stars" they are not. Over paid and underachieving they are.

FYI- The contention against the salary cap was never yours. Your riding on Clumps coat tails. Next time you claim to have listed reasons for something, make you listed them, and aren't just hiding behind someone else's reputation. The salary cap was challenged by clump,you challened "young stars" that just happen to be the worst secondary in the league, and make up a pathetic defense, only overshadowed by 5 NFL teams. your argument doesn't hold water, Clumps does, but we all know there are ways to get creative with the cap. My contention stays and holds water. It would solve our QB problem, would give them top tier defensive players, and is economically friendly to our franchise.

Now Challenge why we shouldn't offer this deal to the Cards

and THEN try to explain to me why we shouldn't try this offer, as both these players are on their way out, and cutting Madison will result in a flat out cap hit.

Note to clump: I hope you don't take offense to this in anyway shape or form, as I respect your cap work. The argument is not with you.

Back
Top Bottom