I agree with Parcells.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I agree with Parcells....

InMyChambers

Sniper
Reaction score
The agony of defeat is so much harder to swallow than the fruits of victory. As high as I was after last weeks commanding win, this week has sucked ALL the wind out of those sails. Ya, the moons could align and we beat NE next week and Pitt loses to Tampa and Denver beats Oakland and we are setup for a bye, but still, I feel so sick right now.

I am beyond dissappointed. I just don't know what else to say, I need to do something else and ease my passion for the fins. If i can put it in boxing terms, a win equals a jab to my opponents head, but a loss is like an uppercut to the chin that knocks me down til the count of 10. A loss just hurts to much and one win doesn't heal it.

Last edited by a moderator:
he is sooo right.......................

bill parcells is right about a lot of things this year. and i hated him for a long time, and i know he doesn't have a bunch of ex players calling him over for christmas eve. but he is damn well respected, and why?

because 9 out of 10 times he is right and he demands results. and if a player doesn't perform, he puts a boot in there butt, he doesn't wait 5 years and let the player drag the team down.

and we need that. the team is not progressing.

the accountability on this team is no where. already huizanga is telling us all he is going to sign wanny up for an extension before we even accomplish anything this year. why?

because dave is nice guy, a family man, a guy the players like, a good church man, all the happy things.............

but it doesn't bring you championships. i think everyone will agree we will not and have not met our goals for the year. we won't even be 11-5 this year with the best rb in the game and achampionship, inovative o/c.

we can blame lucas, but ray lucas is what he is. he had his shot in new york, he blew it, just like he did here. parcells ran him off for being a head case and undrachieving, and the jets were a good team then. so it isn't like the finz shoud be suprised with what happened.

our staff didn't at least try to fix the situation. no, wanny played nice guy and stuck with ray lucas. wanny should have gone to sage rosenfells whom he traded a draft pic for and invested in our future. he didn't. he didn't even try.

that is not ray lucas fault, it is dave wanstadt's fault for not making the change and passing on a legit prospect [brees] in the draft.

i want accountability, i want a ring, not happy, happy joy-joy nice guy feel good stuff.

we are 9-6 and have shot ourselves in the foot again, we may not make the playoffs and if we do, no homefield. we all have seen this before.

this is on dave, no one else. if the players suck, or the assistants suck, or whatever the excuse for this years disaster is, he should answer and that extension should be put on hold.

BECAUSE HE HAS THE POWER TO CHANGE IT AND HE HASN'T.

i only wish it was wayne h. meeing with parcells.

WE SHOULDA DRAFTED DREW BREES!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Drew is better than Ray, I will give you that...but Drew himself was benched for poor play during the buffalo game, so he isn't the answer here.

Players lose games. James McKnight fumbled...again, Cris Carter had a TD hit his hands, and he dropped it. Seth McKinney allowed number 99 to blow him up a few times.

The Vikings are a dangerous team. I stated before the game that I was scared of them. They play good defense, and they have a trio of players that can kill you...which they did.

Look we played hard, but the season unfolded unkindly for us, and we tanked a few games. Let's just see what happens next week and go from there.

huh?

ADPHINISTRATOR87 wrote: "Drew himself was benched for poor play during the buffalo game, so he isn't the answer here"...

that is NOT what happened at all. drew was 12 for 23 and 147 yds with no int's starting the 3rd quarter. hell, thats a good game for feebler!!

doofy marty thought he would would suprise em with some flutie magic and well, it wasn't magic. he thought flutie beeing an old buffalo guy................. no wonder marty has a new team every year.

following the game, he stated drew was the starter of the team and would be in the next game and from there on out. marty said it was decision that didn't work.

but you knew that before you posted , right admin?

you should watch sports center.

WE SHOULDA DRAFTED DREW BREES!!!

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
Drew is better than Ray, I will give you that...but Drew himself was benched for poor play during the buffalo game, so he isn't the answer here.

Players lose games. James McKnight fumbled...again, Cris Carter had a TD hit his hands, and he dropped it. Seth McKinney allowed number 99 to blow him up a few times.

The Vikings are a dangerous team. I stated before the game that I was scared of them. They play good defense, and they have a trio of players that can kill you...which they did.

Look we played hard, but the season unfolded unkindly for us, and we tanked a few games. Let's just see what happens next week and go from there.

I agree with every single point made, good job Gram. I said the Vikings were dangerous too. I actually thought it was a 50-50 chance we would win, but I wasn't going to get ripped for saying that, so I just predicted that we win by 3. The only blame you can put on coaching is the lack of carries for Ricky. But then again, we didn't run many plays anyway, because we couldn't stop Minnesota and they had the ball so long. McKnight fumbled, Carter dropped a TD pass, McKinney couldn't contain Chris Hovan, Zach Thomas missed the hole on a 4th down inside two minutes, and they just had some lucky breaks. You can't fault anyone for that Moss TD pass, that was just a great call at the right time, and a great pass by Moss. Fletcher and Madison couldn't do much on that one. Also, it doesn't help that we were playing with 5 d-lineman all game. Chester and Burnett left early and never returned, that hurt us too, as I thought our pass rush was pretty weak today. Culpepper had lots of time, and most of the sacks were coverage sacks, not because of a great rush.

clayton83

You know Clayton, you are obviously a hardcore fan of the fins. But you are also one of the most stubborn, hard-headed jackasses on this board!! When Wannstedt got this job, I wasn't too happy about it either. But the guy has won me over, he has made as many solid decisions as questionable ones. I also wanted us to draft Brees instead of Fletcher, however I understand the logic of what they where trying to do. It hasn't worked out for the best, but those are the chances you take to try and WIN NOW!!

Your repeated bashing of Fieldler is ridiculous! He has won me over with the effort and guts that he displays game in and game out. The guy continues to improve and is the winningest QB over the last three years. Do you really think we would be better off this year with Brees? I don't!

We were 11- 5 last year without winning the division, while this year we could be 10-6 and WIN the division. Like it or not that is progress when you consider all the factors. Parcells is a very good coach, but he had luck and HOF players to work with. Luck has not been with us this year, but it's not over yet.

Oh by the way, Wayne Hizenga(sp) is a pretty successful guy. I would imagine he holds everyone very accountable.

:monkey: Fiedler Bashers!

Drew is having a bad year. Fiedler has a better QB rating and is just a better QB who fits our system well. I think we should have drafted Kendrell Bell, but not Brees.

LOL " Fletcher and Madison couldnt do much on that one"

Why cant you just admit that Flecther got burned on that TD pass by the best passer in the NFL RANDY MOSS(hint sarcasm). You sound so asinine(you better look that up). What FLetcher could have done was cover the freakin guy. Damn this is so silly.

shouldn't it be dorkus?

DANIKUS: what has jay feidler won? winningest qb in 3 years for the finz? what kind of dufus stat is that?

you wrote: "Your repeated bashing of Fieldler is ridiculous! He has won me over with the effort and guts that he displays game in and game out"...........

WELL GOOD FOR FRIGGIN YOU!!! all that and he still averages a wopping 1.3 td's a game. oh i know, it's everyone but him.

and my post was about accountabilty at the top, not a feidler bash post. i was bashing wanny [who i supported coming in and thought he got a bum deal at chicago].

we are NOT winning. we havn't done squat. what have we done?

oh, and your opinion means zero. like i give a rats rear end what a guy named danikus thinks. please.

BLIZZY: how is drew having a bad year? explain.

WE SHOULDA DRAFTED DREW BREES!!

Originally posted by Denny
LOL " Fletcher and Madison couldnt do much on that one"

Why cant you just admit that Flecther got burned on that TD pass by the best passer in the NFL RANDY MOSS(hint sarcasm). You sound so asinine(you better look that up). What FLetcher could have done was cover the freakin guy. Damn this is so silly.

I gotta admit, when I saw Moss heave that thing way up in the air, floating, my first thought was "this has got to be an interception."

Originally posted by InMyChambers
The agony of defeat is so much harder to swallow than the fruits of victory. .......

A loss just hurts to much and one win doesn't heal it.

Not an uncommon attitude. Didn't that drive Parcells and Johnson out of the game??

clayton83

Boy, for an opinion that didn't mean an rats ass sure did elicite an angry response! LOL!

What have the Dolphins won in the past 20 years? Nothing. How many rings does Clayton have? Zero. My opinion means just as much as anyone elses on this board. I've forgotten more about Dophin history than you'll ever know!

Stop living in the past farmer boy! If you can't support "your" team go back to growing potatoes and F@#*ing sheep!

And Clayton, Brees has won something ???:eek:
All he's managed to do is hand off to LT...
Fiedler has better numbers and don't tell me its because of the receivers..We all saw yesterday that apart from Chambers there isnt much...So you can say all you want about us drafting Brees but we didnt so live with it...
Anyhow right now ask most GM's and they'd rather have Fiedler than Brees...

Back
Top Bottom