I also read something interesting... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I also read something interesting...

T-ROCK

Antagonist...
Reaction score
Flew to NY today, and when I changed planes in Atlanta I picked up the Lindy's 2003 Football Mag...

They graded our draft a B the Patriots a B+, the Jets a B, and the Bills a B...

That alone I found interesting... But upon reading further, the last page of the mag, they rated every NFL team in the following categories:

Head Coach 7.0
QB 7.5
RB 9.5
REC 7.0
OL 7.0
DL 8.5
LB 9.0
SEC 9.0
ST 8.5
Intangibles -1

We scored the highest, a 72.0 which tied us with the Raiders...

While we tied a few teams in the HC category, only the Jaguars scored lower, 6.5 of 10... We scored a 7.0, the Bucs a 9.5, no surprise there... Amazingly, the Chargers scored a perfect 10 in the RB category, while we scored a 9.5...

What criteria did they use to score the different categories

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
What criteria did they use to score the different categories

I looked it up in the small print, MD. It says the criteria consisted of a "strong desire to make money selling magazines by putting down just about anything that felt reasonable at the time, knowing that committed fans are dying for just about ANY perspective in this lull before the season starts".

:goof:

Originally posted by T-ROCK
While we tied a few teams in the HC category, only the Jaguars scored lower, 6.5 of 10... We scored a 7.0, the Bucs a 9.5, no surprise there...

Jack Del Rio has never been a HC and has only 1 season's experience as a coordinator. And that's the only reason why he is rated so low......he's completely unknown. And that's really sad, Wanny being just a cut above him. And you know what?? Until he proves otherwise, it's completely appropriate.

Sorry, I left a few names off the HC list...

Spurrier was also a 6.5...

As was Redskins, Bears, and Panthers coaches...

Originally posted by T-ROCK
Sorry, I left a few names off the HC list...

Spurrier was also a 6.5...

As was Redskins, Bears, and Panthers coaches...

Panthers? They improved a lot last year under Fox. They at least have a better head coach than we do.

I would guess either that or the team's mindset when the calendar turns to December.:rolleyes:

I thought the FINs got a total of 72 and the faders bucs 70s

I looked it up in the small print, MD. It says the criteria consisted of a "strong desire to make money selling magazines by putting down just about anything that felt reasonable at the time, knowing that committed fans are dying for just about ANY perspective in this lull before the season starts".

:lol: :lol: :drinker:

Originally posted by Phan4Ever

:goof:

ROFLMAO.. that is funny as hell.. and true to a certain degree

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
I would guess either that or the team's mindset when the calendar turns to December.:rolleyes:

i was thinking that was what they were getting at.. but who knows..

Beatcrazy.. your sig just got me in trouble with my wife.. "What are you looking at!?".. err uhhh well.. umm err..

:lol:

Beatcrazy.. your sig just got me in trouble with my wife.. "What are you looking at!?".. err uhhh well.. umm err..

Sorry bout that! Just tryin to keep it interesting around here but no need to be getting anyone in trouble. Even if you are a buffalo fan!:crazy: I changed it.

Back
Top Bottom