I Am Not Bashing Jay | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Am Not Bashing Jay

with mcknight handing balls over to the dbs, and jay not noticing defenders in zones the ints arent really about accuracy are they?... Jay hands down is the best qb we had available to us this year... He has a good offensive co. who wants to have the ball spread out, which means more options for jay so hopefully the o line holds and jay makes the proper reads..

What do you mean his balls weren't jump balls? How else do you throw a bomb? Are you supposed to bullet it over the guy's head and then have it float back to his chest? You know most deep routes don't have receivers running across the field, most of them are plays where the receiver runs mostly straight. Of course it has to be a jumpball, every deep ball is a jumpball. If not, it doesnt make it there, it falls 10 yards short. And why wouldn't you throw jumpballs to Chambers anyway when he can jump over the d-back's head to make a catch?

Most of Jay's interceptions were not accuracy issues, they were decision issue. He was basically throwing the ball where he knows the receiver SHOULD be without paying attention to whether the receiver is there or not or if the receiver is double covered. In the last 7 games of the year he said that he started waiting longer to see the field rather than whipping it off to his secondary read without actually reading him...and as a result Jay threw I believe only 2 interceptions.

His only accuracy issues are on deep balls. Any other time he's very, very accurate. He'll go whole games (and has) where not a single ball that goes incomplete is his fault. Either its a drop, the receiver didn't make the play, or the db would make a great play.

By the way, jump balls are usually balls that are thrown too short where the deep pass is concerned. He threw a lot of jumps to Chambers and amazingly Chambers would come up with it because of his concentration. A deep ball thrown to a man in stride is not a jump ball.

Originally posted by Dajesus
Exactly, in Chan's offense how many screen passes did Jay throw a game? At least 5. Don't you think the screen passes could scew the comp %. He isn't even very accuarate on the screen passes, the pass usually pulls the WR in the wrong direction killing his momentum. Watch someone like Gannon who also throws alot of screen passes as well, 95% of the time he hits the receiver at chest level right in the hands, then watch Jay's screens and you will see what I am talking about. [/B]

Not exactly a help to your argument. A screen pass is set up by a good running game. If your trying to point out the error of Jay through screen passes your picking on the wrong target. After all Jay was hitting his screen passes despite throwing so many in a game and despite not having a run game that could set it up.

Hmmm now that we are talking about screen passes. Norv Turner + Ricky Williams + Screen Pass = make me drool.

A deep pass should never be a jump ball. A hail marry should be a jump ball. A sucsessfull deep pass hits the WR in stride when he has a step on the DB, or it is a lit long even if incomplete if the WR is the only on ewho has a shot at it then it is not a bad pass. I know Jay has accuracy issue on almost every route, if you would like to come over I will show you what i mean. It doesn't show on every pass, but I doubt there is 1 route that Jay can hit perfectly more than 5 out of ten times. Since I obviously can't show you this with out being in the same room, I am done speaking of this.

*please note that I am saying this on a NFL calliber scale. Very, very acurate in my eyes means prescion accuracy like Montana, Marino, Farve, and Werner. Obviously to be in the NFL you are more accurate than 99.9% of the people that ever got under center.

If you mean accurate like Montana and Warner constantly hitting their target in the hands so that they can run after the catch, well I wouldn't hand that to Jay, but to be fair he also doesn't have WRs who are fast enough to get separation to try that with.

If you mean accurate as in throwing catchable balls, Jay is very, very accurate.

This is like kicking a dead horse(so is being up at 3:30am), but you start in the NFL for very long if you don't throw catchable balls.

There's a lot of quarterbacks out there that don't throw catchable balls on nearly every pass play. With Jay its usually either caught, dropped, intercepted, batted away, or there was a miscommunication (except for deep balls). This is clearly not the case with a LOT of NFL quarterbacks. If it was, then good receivers would turn every one of them into pro bowlers.

DaJesus, I thought that was odd too when I read that article saying he was accurate. But that's the only one I've read that said that. There is alot of miscomunication in short routes to FB and RB's. Also alot of passes to open receivers make me say why doesn't he just throw it to their numbers.

I kinda have to lean towards the fact that Jay's biggest problem with ints isn't so much accuracy, one the Ints and Incs that were his fault, I believe the majority were due to bad reads/decisions...I was a few of balls he just should not have thrown... there were times when it was off the mark... but mostly just the wrong pass to throw, or to the wrong reciever....

i really don't care who he throws it to!

Originally posted by WharfRat
I kinda have to lean towards the fact that Jay's biggest problem with ints isn't so much accuracy, one the Ints and Incs that were his fault, I believe the majority were due to bad reads/decisions...I was a few of balls he just should not have thrown... there were times when it was off the mark... but mostly just the wrong pass to throw, or to the wrong reciever....
as long as he has the same color jersey on!:D

I'll throw my 2 cents in and basically agree w/the premous (sp?) that Jay is not accurate by Pro Bowl QB standards. He too often throw the ball in the vicinity of the WR on short-medium passes and not right between the WR's #s. For OG and CC that was usually good enough if they were open or even if not.

INTs by no mean = not accurate. Dan was as accurate as anyone ever and he avoided INTs by throwing so hard that only WRs, not DBs could catch as well as releasing it before the DB was ready so that even if the DB was right there he was not a skilled enough pass catcher to catch it.

Originally posted by dolphan39
INTs by no mean = not accurate. Dan was as accurate as anyone ever and he avoided INTs by throwing so hard that only WRs, not DBs could catch as well as releasing it before the DB was ready so that even if the DB was right there he was not a skilled enough pass catcher to catch it.

Good point... Dan was still "accurate" in the last two years of his carreer, yet threw a lot of INT's because he had lost some of that "zing" on the ball....

Ints, accuracy, fumbles..................etc who gives a ****! What is his starting record??? How many 4th quarter comebacks in 2 years?? SHUT-UP!!! Jay is the man, with Norv Turner's and Wanny's masterplan......so don't F**K it up!

Back
Top Bottom