I am signing Kaepernick and not looking back! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am signing Kaepernick and not looking back!

But but but Armando would’ve been mad.

Aye pobrecito. You know how many times I've heard derogatory comments from hispanics when they talk about players? Only in Spanish of course since they think I can't understand them. The Castro t-shirt cries ring very hollow to me.

Last edited:
Go right ahead, but the Dolphins won't. That's all we need is a talentless drama queen.

Oh no. The horror. And then he'd make a play and everyone would cheer. Most fans don't like the players as human beings to begin with, yet they watch sports religiously. The Cubans would've been just fine.

I dont think you understand the Cuban community bro.

Luckily we will never need to find out.

If McMahon doesn't want Manziel in the XFL, he's basically setting himself up for failure.

Manziel would be instant ratings and interest for a new football league, something it would desperately need to gain traction.

Absolutely! He should lure Kap, Manziel and Tebow (I don't know how old Tebow is and don't feel like googling it). Michael Sam would be a good one too, just guys everyone was talking about for some reason or another. If Vince can deliver on a faster paced game (NFL football is painful nowadays), simplified rules (what is a catch), high competition and good football this thing has a chance.

I think the key will be to put the teams together early so they can prepare longer and play better football right away. In the first run of XFL the football sucked in week 1 and was much better in week 2 but derailed by technical difficulties (a generator ran out of gas and the broadcast for a really good game was dropped). They should also get going on fantasy football ideas and promotions to raise interest. It will be tough and will likely fail but the timing is good because as much as I love NFL football I love it less than ever now. Lots of blowouts in prime time, penalties are having a huge influence on the outcomes of games, replays nobody understands and long stoppages for them as well as commercials fests.

I have to think he'd have come in for less than $10 million, and given our problems on the O-line last year, he might have made some things happen.

Revisionist history and all that though. It's all water under the bridge. Might have gotten a higher draft pick. It is what it is.

I doubt Kaepernick will ever play another game in the NFL,,,,,just like Tebow, who wasn’t made for the NFL. Tebow was a good college player, but didn’t have the game to stick in the NFL. Let’s move on from Kaepernick and the clown show.

He's a stand up guy. ;)

fits all the criteria of a backup and starter

I'm not using a 2nd round pick to get a QB who on his best day won't be as good as this former 2nd round pick, especially when you consider we already need AT LEAST one starting OL and TE.

Shake things up. This franchise and city can handle it. Be a part of the solution.

1. He shouldn't fit the criteria of a backup. We should be looking for a backup that is not only there to be there when Tannehill goes down but he should also be being groomed and be hungry to be the "future" of the franchise. Kaepernick is on the downward end of his career and as others have said we would have to dumb down out entire offense.

2. That is why the dolphins are in the position they are in at qb. Rather than rolling the dice and drafting a qb that we can develop we just plug in old stopgaps that have no shot at being anything in the future. We are basicly just filing a roster spot and having a buddy for Tannehill in the locker room. No real competition and nobody that has aspirations of leading this team in the future. Which is why when he went down we had to scramble for another over the hill Cutler who again dosent give a damm beyond this year. Now you say we need to get another over the hill guy that hasnt even been in the league for the last year...

3. By picking up Kap we aren't shaking things up. we are doing exactly the same dolphins crap. Throwing away money on another teams trash. Shaking things up would be to actually have a plan for the future not just this next year.

Wonder how many of the "team first, tempest in a teapot, let's forgive and forget, they'll get over it" group would feel the same way if we needed a WR and Riley Cooper was available in his prime.

Never mind all the reasons we shouldn't do this, there's one reason this will never happen. He is the exact opposite kind of QB Gase wants to run his offense.
It blows my mind how many people continue to ignore this fundamental fact.

I just think that after the bullygate thing, then a coach doing drugs, Timmons going awol, Malauga and his thing....do we need yet another circus in town? Would he be such an amazing QB that it would be worth it? No it he wouldn't be and no it'd NOT be worth it but anyway, it's all academic cause it's not going to happen anyway

Ozzy rules!!

Damn I should've waited until next week to post this.

This dude came within 6 feet of single handedly beating us in 2016 with a miserable roster.

I get the negatives, they just don't matter when I am trying to upgrade my back up QB spot while saving a valuable asset in a high draft pick.

He doesn't upgrade the backup QB spot because he hasn't shown the ability to run our offense.

I have to think he'd have come in for less than $10 million, and given our problems on the O-line last year, he might have made some things happen.

Revisionist history and all that though. It's all water under the bridge. Might have gotten a higher draft pick. It is what it is.

O-line issues like 33 sacks allowed in 2017 (top 12) and 30 in 2016 (top 10). I'd love to have the best line in the NFL but we aren't nearly as bad as finheaven makes us out to be. Would Kap be that much better at avoiding sacks than the guys we already had? Because you're saying he could have upgraded that area meaning the QB's we have must be bad at avoiding sacks so those rankings are truly the line.

He doesn't upgrade the backup QB spot because he hasn't shown the ability to run our offense.

Well I mean it’s not like our offense is some well oiled super machine.

If the Eagles can win with Wentz then Foles comes in and plays as good, then there’s zero reason to believe Kap couldn’t of came in and been fine.

Back
Top Bottom