I can't ****ing wait for this weekend!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I can't ****ing wait for this weekend!!!

fugawzi

Scout Team
Reaction score
I hope we have a much more successful draft this year, than last. Hopefully it will be as good, if not better than our '05 draft. I really didn't realize what a bad draft we had last year until I read this:

"None of the Dolphins' six 2006 draft picks, including first-round selection Jason Allen, played a significant role during their rookie seasons. Only three of Nick Saban's six picks, including Allen, receiver Derek Hagan (fourth round) and defensive tackle Fred Evans (seventh round), made the final 53-man roster. Two others -- defensive tackle Rod Wright (seventh) and offensive lineman Joe Toledo (fourth) -- were out for the year with injuries. Receiver Devin Aromashodu (seventh) was cut and signed to the Indianapolis Colts' practice squad.
"The Dolphins finished at the bottom of the league, drafting six players, with only three making the active roster," said Jon Murphy, Yahoo.com Sports NFL and College talent evaluator.
It must be pointed out that three of the Dolphins' six picks were seventh-rounders. Saban traded away his second-round pick to the Vikings for Daunte Culpepper, lost out on a fifth-round pick to obtain Manny Wright in the supplemental draft, and sent a sixth-round pick to San Diego in the Cleo Lemon-A.J. Feeley trade.
Saban's first draft was productive. Three of Saban's six 2005 picks -- running back Ronnie Brown, linebacker Channing Crowder and cornerback Travis Daniels -- made at least 13 starts each and contributed to a turnaround 9-7 season. A fourth, defensive end Matt Roth was part of the defensive line rotation and came on strong last season.
It marked the first time since 1996 that three or more Dolphins rookies (Daryl Gardener, Zach Thomas, Karim Abdul-Jabbar and Stanley Pritchett) started at least 10 games."

I have this site bookmarked. you should too. its pretty informative.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/

Notice when you visit the site, their mock draft has us (Miami) selecting Brady Quinn at #9. Keep your fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom