I can't wait for free agency! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I can't wait for free agency!

jimlerario

Active Roster
Reaction score
We basically have the 4th most cap space, so there is definetally room for improvement. We have talent but we need leadership. We will be better than we are today come next season, so I'm still hopeful. I'm also intrigued to see how hickey begins his tenure, also I'm interested to see how Oakland spends their 65 million in space. Cross velvedheer off the tackle search, Oakland isn't letting him go with all that space. Book it!
What are you interested in?
ALSO::: does anyone know when it starts?
http://overthecap.com/2014-nfl-free-agency-salary-cap-overview/

Plus hickey can simply cut Patterson and sign our top priority in grimes and still have 35 million in space( with some guaranteed money to grimes) that's our top priority taken care of without even touching our cap space.

We have cap space but 4 open starting line positions. Have to resign our best corner. 2 free agent dts.

Resign grimes, 6 mil cap hit. Cut Patterson to get the 6 million cap back. Resign one of our DTackles for a 6 million cap hit. Sign an OT for another 6 million cap hit. Sign a guard for a 4-5 million cap hit. Sign a safety for a 6 million cap hit( please no Clemons) sign another corner for a 3-4 million cap hit. With ten million left, sign a o lineman or a DTackle. Draft a guard or a tackle(whichever we need more after free agency). Draft a Rb in the second. Defensive tackle in the third. Tight end in the 4th(though DT and TE could flip flop). Fullback in the fifth. Oline in the 6th. DTackle in the 7th

My main interest is to get a free safety to lead the defense. Much like earl Thomas. Someone who pushes his teammates and doesn't take half ass efforts

Resign grimes, 6 mil cap hit. Cut Patterson to get the 6 million cap back. Resign one of our DTackles for a 6 million cap hit. Sign an OT for another 6 million cap hit. Sign a guard for a 4-5 million cap hit. Sign a safety for a 6 million cap hit( please no Clemons) sign another corner for a 3-4 million cap hit. With ten million left, sign a o lineman or a DTackle. Draft a guard or a tackle(whichever we need more after free agency). Draft a Rb in the second. Defensive tackle in the third. Tight end in the 4th(though DT and TE could flip flop). Fullback in the fifth. Oline in the 6th. DTackle in the 7th

what if patterson just restructured to a 2-3 million dollar cap hit? he's great when healthy, just can't seem to stay there.... maybe restructure to an incentive laden contract?

what if patterson just restructured to a 2-3 million dollar cap hit? he's great when healthy, just can't seem to stay there.... maybe restructure to an incentive laden contract?

If he restructures, we don't need to sign another corner after grimes, saving millions, but we'd need to use the extra 3 million to sign a nickelback. I like Carroll but we may be able to do better, and no jimmy wilson

If we cut Patterson we could sign a top teir cornerback to put alongside grimes. I'd rather do that than have to worry about pattersons health every week. There are plenty of free agent corners that are better choices than dimitri

If we cut Patterson we could sign a top teir cornerback to put alongside grimes. I'd rather do that than have to worry about pattersons health every week. There are plenty of free agent corners that are better choices than dimitri

In retrospect even though Patterson played better than he ever did he was hurt more than he was healthy. He basically made a million dollars a game played this year

Jacksonville and Oaklnd going to be buying everyone up!

In the end....Hickey is going to have to be on his A game....regardless of how much Miami has available it is going to be up to him (and Philbin if this is a team effort like they are promoting) to not only find a few stars to sign, but also good role players who fill a need, come cheap and upgrade a position. Again easier said then done, but the owner pays the GM millions to be able to build a roster, earn that pay....

Finheaven is the best when free agency has started. I come here everyday anyway for news but it's the best when you guys break FA news. I love this site then.

Back
Top Bottom