I can't wait for free agency! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I can't wait for free agency!

At this point it appears we will need to pay top dollar for a LT like Monroe or Albert. Then we need another veteran OL, whether that ends up being Cabo or someone else. I'm hoping we draft a LT in round 1 and OL with 3 of our first picks. Taylor Levan in round 1 and James Hurst in round 3 or 4 would be ideal.

We will likely resign Soliai and let Starks walk. Grimes wants to be here so we should make that happen ASAP before a bidding war begins. Right now, every team thinks they have options at CB.

After that we need a solution at TE but don't see any good alternatives really. Lazor uses his TE's and RB's in pass patterns and protection as well as the running game, and we don't have a single TE that is good at all three. He also likes big TE's for size mismatches in the red zone, and we don't have that guy either.

Lots of needs. That money will go quickly.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I can't wait either!

I don't know what Hickey will do, but I do know I won't have to worry about what Ireland will do!

If we cut Patterson, instead of signing another FA how do we feel about the two guys we drafted last year? I don't follow college ball so I never saw them play / no feel for their potential and unfortunately they didn't get on the field much this year. But if one of them can be a starter wouldn't that be the best situation for us?

the Super Bowl proved a few things, you don't need a high powered offense to win championships (Denver's defense just sucked). It proved that you need a strong defense to win, and a good OL to block for your QB. You don't need a top notch QB (Wilson didn't throw many long passes, I think he went just above 200 yards the entire game). Its all about the defense, people.

With that said, you also cant win while your QB gets sacked 55+ times. Add 2 good names to the OL, and the rest of FA/Draft focuses on defense defense defense. Specifically LB and Safety, if you noticed Seattle's LB and Safety were top notch.

Could we cut Moore and Patterson, resign Grimes and Soliai, and sign Collins/Albert, OG, OL depth, perhaps a RB, and Sam Shields? I'm not good with #'s.

Draft could go something like this:

1. CJ Mosley LB - please push Wheeler/Ellerbe out. LB corp is 2 years is Jordan, Jenkins, and Mosley :woot:
2. Xavier Su'a-Filo OG
3. C.J. Fiedorowicz TE
4. Jeremy Hill RB
5. Dontae Johnson FS/CB
6. Wesley Johnson OT
7. Cody Hoffman WR

Could we cut Moore and Patterson, resign Grimes and Soliai, and sign Collins/Albert, OG, OL depth, perhaps a RB, and Sam Shields? I'm not good with #'s.

Draft could go something like this:

1. CJ Mosley LB - please push Wheeler/Ellerbe out. LB corp is 2 years is Jordan, Jenkins, and Mosley :woot:
2. Xavier Su'a-Filo OG
3. C.J. Fiedorowicz TE
4. Jeremy Hill RB
5. Dontae Johnson FS/CB
6. Wesley Johnson OT
7. Cody Hoffman WR

We just spent $60 million and $27 million guaranteed on two linebackers
and the dead money for both is around $22 million dollars...They're not going anywhere till 2015 at the soonest

We just spent $60 million and $27 million guaranteed on two linebackers
and the dead money for both is around $22 million dollars...They're not going anywhere till 2015 at the soonest

I know they aren't going anywhere but the younger players can take some of their playing time.

Back
Top Bottom