I counted 26 new players since 53 man cutdowns | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I counted 26 new players since 53 man cutdowns

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I may be off a few here or there but there are 26 players on this team that were not here for week 1.
That's 26 players that we brought in either through trades ,fa or injury replacements a few were from our ps .
This is not something working in our favor.To many guys still trying to figure out the system and each other.

During the game today they said we've played 68 different players so far this year (on the field), which is the NFL high.

Was nice to see Van Ginkel on the field. A new person we were expecting. I did not see Willis, maybe I just missed the snaps he was in.

Van Ginkel had two tackles today. It's gonna take some time but it was good to see him out there.

Van Ginkel had two tackles today. It's gonna take some time but it was good to see him out there.
But I thought he was gonna ball out immediately? People trashed me for saying he'd be out of shape and would immediately contribute.

I may be off a few here or there but there are 26 players on this team that were not here for week 1.
That's 26 players that we brought in either through trades ,fa or injury replacements a few were from our ps .
This is not something working in our favor.To many guys still trying to figure out the system and each other.
Sounds about right. It was 1/3 when we went into Game 1. With all the releases and pick ups during the season 50% sounds about right.

This season was and is all about tryouts for supporting cast and role players. It is all about attitude (never give up), being versatile and flexible. Unfortunately a lot of these players are put in situations which they will never be put again. Right now a player like Rowe has to cover the top receivers on the other teams. A role he is overwhelmed with but with the return of X and Jones may never has to do again.
This first step of the rebuild is all about laying the foundation. About 1/3 to 1/4 of players on any team fit the description of situational, role and/or situational player. Our step 2 of the rebuild is getting quality players this offseason to add to our foundation.

This type of turnover just before and during the season we will never see again.

Sounds about right. It was 1/3 when we went into Game 1. With all the releases and pick ups during the season 50% sounds about right.

This season was and is all about tryouts for supporting cast and role players. It is all about attitude (never give up), being versatile and flexible. Unfortunately a lot of these players are put in situations which they will never be put again. Right now a player like Rowe has to cover the top receivers on the other teams. A role he is overwhelmed with but with the return of X and Jones may never has to do again.
This first step of the rebuild is all about laying the foundation. About 1/3 to 1/4 of players on any team fit the description of situational, role and/or situational player. Our step 2 of the rebuild is getting quality players this offseason to add to our foundation.

This type of turnover just before and during the season we will never see again.
Agree with everything you said.However,I don't see much on this current roster to use as a foundation.its like we are building our home on sand.

The goal always should be to have your starters be better than other teams' starters, your reserves to be better than theirs, etc.

But we have starters who could not make PRACTICE SQUAD on some teams. That is NOT gonna work.

That and the fact that EVERY legitimate "hit" that GRIER has made in the draft for the last 5 years, he has traded away, to rinse and repeat w/ player development, etc., is what is making this year a joke in NFL circles.

That and the fact that EVERY legitimate "hit" that GRIER has made in the draft for the last 5 years, he has traded away, to rinse and repeat w/ player development, etc., is what is making this year a joke in NFL circles.
And as long as he's bringing that up, may as well look at Mayock and the Raiders as about every guy that Reggie McKenzie brought in has also been shown the door out there. Could just be just a difference in philosophy - let's hope so. That's two guys out of our three who'll call final shots for this new roster. Sure hope two things: 1. that guys shown the door in Miami and Oakland were just not "fits" and were not actual subpar players and 2. that Marvin Allen has what it takes as the third leg to the Grier and McKenzie brain trust.

Back
Top Bottom