I debated posting here today.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I debated posting here today....

SJ Bronco

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I didn't want to be seen as rubbing it in, or saying I told you so, but the problems we had with SOB came to light in the game sunday. His immobility, his bad decisions on the ends of the field, his inability to hold onto the football, his lack of composure. It all came out. Now true, the O-line looks bad ( I know the feeling) but it didn't just suddenly become bad, and wanny had to know he was gonna get a pass rush sunday, where was the gameplan. For a guy as smart as SOB he never makes checks at the line, he can't read a blitz, and he never see's it comming, and my biggest beef with him his entire carreer going all the way back to Michigan was his pocket presence. HE WILL NOT STEP UP IN THE POCKET! 6 years later, he won't move in the pocket! It was hard to watch sunday. Jay feidler may not be John Elway or Dan Marino, but he at least has a fire to win and he did win games when he was there. I hope he gets back soon for your sakes, (but not for ours, its us and you for the wildcard!)

it's interesting that people didn't think the pass protection was a problem until griese started. posters were saying that jay had all day to throw...

make no mistake, the O line play has been bad all year long. i was curious to see BG get a chance to start and what he could do, though i didnt want to see Jay get hurt. i think the two of them are about equal in talent, with different strong points. Jay provides mobility and the ability to improvise, but makes poor decisions sometimes. Brian is not as mobile, but throws the ball with more zip, has a better deep ball, and is less likely to force a pass into coverage resulting in Int's. Marino could not have produced anything with the protection both JF and BG have gotten this year.

"but throws the ball with more zip"

I have yet to understand the infatuation that people have with spirals. I want wins. The only variable that should matter at this point is who gives us a better chance to win. With our offensive line there should be no debate whatsoever.

Fiedler is BETTTER hands down. I remember reading the posts here when Griese came here,,

Griese this and Griese that ...

YOU SEE WHAT YOU GET....

I've have always said that Fiedler give the Fins a better chance to win games...

the o=line has not been that bad but lately Ricky has not been running at will like before.. but Fiedler can move around and make things happen...

going to be interesting to see what happens with this division down the stretch..

If Fiedler played like Griese has the past two games he would be hung from nearest pole at JRS.. It's not that I think he is a great QB, it's the double standard that really gets to me on these boards. It's the inability to accept ugly wins without complaining or blaming the QB. It's the assumptions that the results would have been the same with Fiedler even though he has never performed as poorly as Griese did on Sunday. The NE game was the one that killed my season as a Fin fan. We drove down the field twice to go for the winning FG and had no confidence in our offense to punch the ball in or get 10 more yards to make a long extra point. Instead we kick off the dirt infield, miss twice and the spiral begins. I can't say I can really blame JF or BG for what has happened but Wanny is one to blame

Originally posted by CarolinaFishFan
Marino could not have produced anything with the protection both JF and BG have gotten this year.

Don't disrespect Marino like that.

Marino makes Peyton Manning look like Rick Mirer, when it comes to audibling at the line and Pre Snap recognition.

Though Marino was as mobile as a turtle. His pocket presence was unmatched, it's like he had eyes in the back of his head.

Not to mention his quick release and his abiltiy to make adjustments during the game.

With Dan Marino, teams would get burnt constantly if they blitzed and continued to stunt.

BG lacks Pre snap awareness, that's why he's always backing up into a sack and then coughing up the ball.

JF lacks consistancy and long ball accuracy which could be corrected with the proper coaching.

Dan Marino was just gifted...

Originally posted by DPlus47
it's interesting that people didn't think the pass protection was a problem until griese started. posters were saying that jay had all day to throw...

You're kidding me, right??

Originally posted by Bumrush
"but throws the ball with more zip"

I have yet to understand the infatuation that people have with spirals. I want wins. The only variable that should matter at this point is who gives us a better chance to win. With our offensive line there should be no debate whatsoever.

You missed the point. He's not talking about spirals. He's talking about velocity. He never mentioned the word "spiral". You're the second person I've seen do this since the game ended. :)

I hope you didn't just say that Denver and Miami were going to be the wildcard teams... because if you did you completely forgot about INDY OR TENNESSEE... only one of them can win the div.

Brian is a pocket passer. Nuff said. Still think he is better then JF, with the right line he will own.

878_photo.jpg

Who is this and were can I find her...I want to be her newest stalker!

Who said that?

Can you cite someone?

Originally posted by nyrican
Fiedler is BETTTER hands down. I remember reading the posts here when Griese came here,,

Griese this and Griese that ...

YOU SEE WHAT YOU GET....

I've have always said that Fiedler give the Fins a better chance to win games...

the o=line has not been that bad but lately Ricky has not been running at will like before.. but Fiedler can move around and make things happen...

going to be interesting to see what happens with this division down the stretch..

I must have been disregarding the Griese talk because I don't remember much of it from any significant amount of people.

And to the winning games comment. O yea! He helps us be average.

That's not what I'm in it for though.

zod, i wonder if you said the same thing about Marino, year after year when we failed to even make the AFC Championship.

I wouldn't call his starting record "average", unless you consider having the second best winning percentage for active QB's in the NFL an "average" statistic. Statistics don't lie and his "average" record is way above average.

Back
Top Bottom