I did a little bit of studying on the 2001 draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I did a little bit of studying on the 2001 draft

We should of taken Fred Smoot instead of Fletcher. I don't think Fletcher is comfortable in press coverage. Waste of a pick. Hindsight is always 20/20 but if we had taken Chad Johnson it would've been nice.

Seems like it was Morgan and Chambers who were our favorite WRs after Moss was picked. Morgan went early 2. They were not planning on taking two. Micheal Benett was not taken as he would not make sense in our O. He makes sense in a Minnesota type offense or a Redskins offense.

This makes so much sense it is scary.

You guys pick Deuce.

You guys win a SB.

You DON'T trade those two 1st round picks and instead use them for the O-Line and QB.

:evil:

Yeah well we would have had to trade up to get Deuce, we know that now. Noone can tell what we would have done had Deuce not been picked.

Deuce had a problem with durability and they didn't want a RB that can't stay healthy. That turned out to be only half true as he's been mostly durable in his career.

Originally posted by dolfan25
We should of taken Fred Smoot instead of Fletcher.

They liked Smoot, but I believe he had some off-field problems before the draft, which is why he slipped to #15(I think) in the 2nd.

Back
Top Bottom