I don’t care if you cut half the team June 1st or not . | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I don’t care if you cut half the team June 1st or not .

The Gong Show Shut Up GIF by ABC Network

It’s a team building philosophy thing. DT is not where Grier wants to put $20M+ into. He likes CBs and Edge rushers.

If we’re able to land the asst DC from Baltimore and he has sway in possibly bringing the big boy upfront and Queen behind him then it’s bye bye Wilkins for me.

I realize our cap situation is what it is, but I just see it as unfathomable that the Fins won’t find a way to bring Wilkins back.

I’m TOTALLY, UTTERLY, and COMPLETELY of the opinion that the most important thing in building a perennial title contender is solid talent evaluation in regards to the draft, investing in the development of those players, and keeping our home grown talent on the roster when it comes time for a big payday.

Wilkins was excellent 2 years ago and followed that up with a Top 5 performance at the DT position this past season. The dude LOVES being a Miami Dolphin and is rock solid in the locker room. You absolutely DO NOT let a guy like that walk away for nothing.

I’ll fully admit, I tend to lean a little more towards the positive side when it comes to our potential going forward, but letting Christian walk would force me to reevaluate just what in the hell are they doing. It would be a huge loss for Miami to put in all that time developing a kid, just to see him play the prime of his career in a different uni. Plus, I think it would be incredibly deflating in the locker room.

Back
Top Bottom