I Don't Hate Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Don't Hate Williams

ricky be ricky

a previous poster said something all phin fans should consider... would we all be cursing the organization if ricky had blown his acl? would anyone beaghast if in 3 years and 1100 more carries ricky's body couldnt do it? would you help him get dressed when his shoulders were so annihlated he could not raise his hands above his chest without screaming in pain? would you help him get his kids in the car? mow his yard? leave the man alone. it is his decision, he is not angling for more money, he wants to live his life. P.S. i love the miami dolphins...always have always will

This situation cannot even begin to be compared to a season ending injury. If that were the case, none of us would have a right to be angry, hurt, or whatever. If Ricky would've been hurt, it would be different. You chalk up his loss to bad luck and look for solutions. And although this is "bad luck" in a way...it was caused in a much different manner.

This man, just as any other, has the right to be happy. But as a man, he also has resposibilities. He must be accountable for his actions and his actions were those of a self centered, arrogant, and selfish nature without any thought to how they may effect others.

Mr. Williams owes us nothing per say, but at the very least he could've acted like a man and shouldered his commitment to the team and the community that has enbraced him. He not only let down the aforementioned, but one day, I fear that he'll wake up to the realization that he let himself and his family down. Multi-million dollar jobs don't exactly grow on trees and his family, that depends on him, will feel the ramifications of his actions sooner or later.

As fans, we invest a lot in this team and its players. Not only do we invest our money, and our time, but also our hearts. The men in the locker room invest even more than that. He could've, at the very least, addressed them face to face. Tell those guys one week before training camp, "I just don't feel like doing this and I don't care what this does to your season. I don't care that this team was built around me and I don't care that you'll probably lose a season because I didn't have the stones to say this earlier. I just don't care."

I, for one, feel that Mr. Williams has yet to comprehend the meaning of being a man and I hope that that "truth" that he says he's looking for shows him that real men don't walk away from a commitment. And real men face situations head on. Mr. Williams has been running all his life....sad thing is, he continues to do so now.

So I am angry? Hell yes! Am I hurt? Hell yes! Do I hate him? Hate is a strong word....it's more like pity. Does life go on? Of course, but I have one final thing to say to this supposed "man"....

Mr. Williams....go F@CK yourself.

go_fins said:
Where are all the Oronde Gadsen fans? he was replaced with Boston and people forgot about him in less than a season.
Gadsden hasn't even been gone for a season yet. (Still don't understand why they can't find a roster spot for a guy like that. He's never gotten the respect he deserves.)

The Dolphins will be fine without Ricky. Remember, the offense was ranked 24th (in yards) WITH Williams last year. How valuable can he be?

He was awesome in 2002, but not so good last year. 3.5 ypc is easily replaced. I think this could help the team be more creative on offense. They relied on him too heavily last year.

Unforunately, nearly 400 carries for 2 straight seasons is almost always a recipe for wearing out a RB.

go_fins said:
. Maybe he doesn't want to be a broken man when he's in his 40's anybody care about that? Ricky's timing was bad and it will cost the team two or three wins, the dolphins might even suck this year thanks to him, so what? Suck it up and show some class. Good luck Ricky, thanks for the time you gave us, you gave your heart 100% when you were here and some of us wish you the best.
If he didnt want to be a broken man in his 40s then he shouldnt have agreed to take the signing bonus and commit to a long term deal. He should have said "I only want to play for 3 or 4 years tops and wont accept any money for a deal longer than that" Now, he has his signing bonus, a few years salary, and thinks its better for him to quit and not live up to the deal he agreed to. So I also say "good luck Ricky".....good luck finding anyone that will trust your ability to live up to your promises after this.

For the record, I have no problem with him retiring, I just wish he would have done it before the draft, so the franchise could plan accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom