I Don't Know Why I'm Surprised, but...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Don't Know Why I'm Surprised, but......

ZOD said:
I think things have changed since last May. I think alot has changed.

Where as the membership usually would have reserve at the sh*t they threw at the wall. Now it seems there are simply too many idiots with too much "sh*t". We use to be able to shut it down through admonishment.

Half of the original responses to these new threads begin similar to...........

"Are you smoking the same thing as Ricky?"
Seems like the more public Finheaven gets the less the mods have control (to an extent).. It's tough to patrol dumb people when they aren't really in violation of TOS.

FiN.in.RI said:
Seems like the more public Finheaven gets the less the mods have control (to an extent).. It's tough to patrol dumb people when they aren't really in violation of TOS.

Also keep in mind the sort of 'Nazi Mod" complaints we get when we do simple things like keep girly pictures in the ladies lounge, or political sigs/arguments in the political forum. I can only imagine the sort of hate mail and death threats we'd get if we started suppresing posts for their idiotic content.

phinphanphrommi said:
Also keep in mind the sort of 'Nazi Mod" complaints we get when we do simple things like keep girly pictures in the ladies lounge, or political sigs/arguments in the political forum. I can only imagine the sort of hate mail and death threats we'd get if we started suppresing posts for their idiotic content.
Yea you guys are in a tough spot trying to keep everyone happy.
I think there should be more of you so there is a bigger group of mods to show it's not just a select few people being enforcers.

I also think there should be a detention forum... When ya get banned you get put in detention and can only see/post in that forum (it will force people to either apologize or make them show their true colors, getting themselves banned for good.)

Sorry if I'm a bit OT, I'm just throwing out my 2 cents.

Yeah, the whole "Nazi Mod" thing is just funny to me. Kinda annoying at times, since people care nothing about taking a thread off-topic instead of PM'ing us. But I personally don't sweat it much because the ones complaining are mainly just bratty kids (or adults).

Now there's this little "Axis of Evil" thing that started when we got the sexual orientation thing off the site. I mean, how juvenile is that??

Basically, these kids' priorities aren't in rooted football or the site. They want to be able to "express themselves" however they see fit. Meanwhile, we have the long-term welfare of the site to consider.

Obviously you can't please everybody. And we're gonna make decisions that are unpopular at times. We're human. But as long as we can say that the decisions we make are decided upon with the site's best interests in mind, we can live with some criticism. :)

Muck said:
Yeah, the whole "Nazi Mod" thing is just funny to me. Kinda annoying at times, since people care nothing about taking a thread off-topic instead of PM'ing us. But I personally don't sweat it much because the ones complaining are mainly just bratty kids (or adults).

Now there's this little "Axis of Evil" thing that started when we got the sexual orientation thing off the site. I mean, how juvenile is that??

Basically, these kids' priorities aren't in rooted football or the site. They want to be able to "express themselves" however they see fit. Meanwhile, we have the long-term welfare of the site to consider.

Obviously you can't please everybody. And we're gonna make decisions that are unpopular at times. We're human. But as long as we can say that the decisions we make are decided upon with the site's best interests in mind, we can live with some criticism. :)

Expand on that a bit; I think they want to be able to say whatever they want without consideration to how it makes anyone else feel.

Now, anyone who's offended at any part of a legitimate discussion, or at anyone else's opinion becuase it isn't like theirs has no gripe.

But I firmly believe that everyone needs to excersize the same restraint that they would use in polite company; and when their upbringing doesn't guide them properly, then that's where you guys (unfortunately) have to step in - and i think you've done a good job of it.

Why should anyone perusing this site be made to feel denigrated because of their gender, or their nationality, or their color, just beacuse the @ssholes decide that they need to be able to use the basest of humor with impugnity?

I'll tell you that most of these guys are on my ignore list because I simply don't want to waste any time inadvertantly reading anything they have to say. In my mind, they have lost the right to a voice in my space. Especially Philter, with his crude "Jew" comment in one thread.

I appreciate you all making this a pleasant refuge from most of life's tedium, and I hope that never changes.

Back
Top Bottom