I don't mean to go on a rant but....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I don't mean to go on a rant but.......

StartingTailbak

Longer than average
Reaction score
Originally posted by StartingTailbak

Manning will not be able to exploit this defense. If Indy wins it will be by beating Miami at its own game, defense and ball control.

P.S. I don't see much chance of that happening

Hail me, the harbinger of doom. In view of this game I lay the loss squarely on the shoulders of our coaches. Obviously Norv/Dave is afflicted by the same near fatal stupidity as the recent 'longtime' Griese supporters. Sorry to bust the party but one player does not change the entire team. We are going through growing pains with a new starting QB. Throwing away what has taken us to this point is stupidity. I will illustrate:

1st series

incomplete pass
rush
incomplete pass
punt

In the second quarter we went three and out on 3 straight passes. Our longest scoring drive was 2:52 and that was on the field goal in hurry up offense. What on earth are we doing? I don't think the players have anything to be ashamed of. Well, besides giving up a 91 yard touchdown drive.

Overall it was a good game. Yes any loss at this time of year is demoralizing but I really think that we can win out the rest of the schedule. We faced an excellent opponent and we played at their level for 22 minutes on offense.Hopefully this game will help us work out all the weaknesses.

Good news is that Indy, only scored 23. We cannot give teams the ball for 38 minutes and expect to win. Yeah, Marino did it but we don't have him. I am still working on the clone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting Tailbak did you even see how awful the o-line played today...

I have always been an avid Fiedler supporter and even I am saying that we should stick with griese, he had a decent game numbers-wise and wouldve had a "good" game if the o-line didnt blow...unlike most losses which can be blamed on personnel off the field, this one should be on the players for missing tackles on defense, and not blocking on offense...

The only thing u got right was the ball control, thats about it...and with the first series and other serieses thereafter Norv wasnt being predictable as usual and he called a good game IMO, as he mixed it up....Ricky wasnt getting anything done because of the awful o-line...

oh yea, and we dont have marino anymore and there wont be another one, so get over it.....

Tailback, when have you ever seen the Dolphins learn from a loss. Wake up. We're not that good. We lose at home and win against crappy teams on the road. 10-6 is the best we can hope for.

ultimateFINFAN

Thank you for repeating everything I posted

Last edited by a moderator:
In case you have a problem with comprehensive reading I will explain.

The post is not bashing Griese.
I also think we should keep Griese. He looked very settled in the last couple drives before the fumble.

This post is bashing the coaches
For completely changing the game plan to suit one player they deserve credit for the loss. Playing to BGs strengths is different from changing the flow of the offense to suit him.

2 or 3 missed tackles should not cost us a game
If you are going to blame the Oline then blame them for the TOP disadvantage too. However, even on 3 and out sets with 2 runs we would have had more time with the ball. Indy had the ball too long because of bad play selection by NT and one very long drive of 13 plays. Are you trying to tell me that Norv cant find a way to run out of a 2 tight end set.!?! If the run is ineffective then passes in the flats and screens should be utilized. He did use Randy more in the 2nd half but the adjustments were not made otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom