I dont understand????????? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I dont understand?????????

t2thejz

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Why is everyone looking to replace Nails...remember 2 years ago. He was awsome. Now he is fully recovered and I would excpect another good season. I say we get Woody and a chaper solid G for depth. Then draft some o lineman. We dont need to spend all of our cap room. Go out and get Wade for tackle.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Nail back. However, even when he was healthy he wasn't as good as Woody or Timmerman.

Originally posted by t2thejz
Why is everyone looking to replace Nails...remember 2 years ago. He was awsome. Now he is fully recovered and I would excpect another good season. I say we get Woody and a chaper solid G for depth. Then draft some o lineman. We dont need to spend all of our cap room. Go out and get Wade for tackle.
if he is fully recovered and all he had was what he showed us this year then let him walk or sign him as a back up end of story. look elsewhere for a stud in free agency.

Nails was a STUD two years ago ... how many times we see him pulling on the sweeps to the left and Destroying people down field or just running and leading Ricky.

If he ever gets back there who knows ... but give the man the credit he deserves for two years ago.

Nails was a stud 2 years ago prior to the injury, no doubt about it. I missed seeing those sweeps this year. He still may be back. They are just letting him pursue free agency. He could still come back at the right price. He has to be able to regain the strength in his Achilles though. That is still a question.

It also depends what he wants. If he's looking for big dollars and the brass isn't sure he can back to form he will be gone.

Nails was a STUD RUN BLOCKER, he was a liability as a pass blocker even then. Now he is one of the worst pass blocking G's in the NFL.

If he was fully recovered he'd still be a liability, just not the worst starting pass blocking G in the NFL like he was last year.

We need new blood on the offensive line.

Nails was good for 1 year only.Time to move on without him.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Nails was a STUD RUN BLOCKER, he was a liability as a pass blocker even then. Now he is one of the worst pass blocking G's in the NFL.

If he was fully recovered he'd still be a liability, just not the worst starting pass blocking G in the NFL like he was last year.
Well your probably right...I still like him though and I dont think he would be to exspencsive to bring back as a back up in a position where you can never have to much depth

I'm not betting on Nails making a full recovery, myself. A recovery like that for a 330 lb guy tends to be pretty lengthy. It's probably best to move on at this point.

I agree. The injury Nails suffered is one that usually takes 2 years to completely recover from. I think we could re-sign Nails relatively cheap and move him back to his natural RG position. To be honest with you, I have a feeling Whitley is going to be another 3rd round bust. I know I haven't given him the chance but how come the Pats and other teams can find OL in the later rounds of the draft that start immediately (Koppen and Hochstein) while we draft guys that are always "1 year away".

the FO has already said they are not interested in Nails, so we need to replace him. Looks like we will replace him with either Jerman, Whitley or Yates and sign a FA OG to to replace Perry or vica-versa

Back
Top Bottom