I doubt that both Henson & Ramsey will stink..if so, then Miami's just screwed. . | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I doubt that both Henson & Ramsey will stink..if so, then Miami's just screwed. .

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
If Miami is truely a player in the Henson sweepstakes..no one should be upset if Miami gets Ramsey. Even if Ramsey isn't as good as some think he should be..he should be able to at least put up "Fiedler" type numbers..which will keep Miami in contention..and then if & when Henson is ready, he could take over and potentially be even better.

Uhhhh, what kind of thinking is that? Miami's not going to get both Henson AND Ramsey, that would be pure idiocy. It's one or the other dude so I'm not sure where your logic is stemming from.

Originally posted by Cranx
Uhhhh, what kind of thinking is that? Miami's not going to get both Henson AND Ramsey, that would be pure idiocy. It's one or the other dude so I'm not sure where your logic is stemming from.

I really don't know what he was thinking. It is a double edged sword though. I would like Ramsey because he would eliminate Jay this year. I like Henson because I think he has alot more potential, but can't be a starter this year. The big thing here is I don't think Ramsey goes anywhere, no matter how pissed he is about Brunell. They would be crazy to trade him. With Brunell you have to assume he will only play 12 games a season thus you need a quality back up, and he 34 so he only has a season or 2 left.

Originally posted by Cranx

As "idiotic" as it may be...it isn't completely out of the realm of possibility. Ramsey and Henson would both be easy on the cap. They won't be making big money..at least not for a while. My logic is stemming from the idea that anything is possible. They're not superstars. Henson (according to reports) could be had for a conditional 2nd or 3rd 2005 draft pick..Ramsey (according to reports) can be had for a 1st round pick. I don't think Miami would get both either..but it's not impossible.

The point I was trying to make is that IF Miami got Ramsey...and he didn't work out (as some of the people on the boards have suggested), it could be ok..as long as Miami acquired Henson and he develops into a good QB as well.

By the way...Cranx, I prefer the term lunacy to idiocy...call me crazy..not stupid. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
It is actually a documented draft strategy that many teams used in the past. Although I think FA may have killed it.

Back
Top Bottom