“I felt like Chad played a pretty good game out there again,” Sparano said.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“I felt like Chad played a pretty good game out there again,” Sparano said..

Henne didnt lose us the game but he didnt win it. He needs to have greater awareness and stop getting his passes batted down. 4 passes batted down and 1 pass defelected. Unacceptable.

Henne played ok. That's about it. He has a better feel for the game but it's not getting us W's right now. That's all i care about. Hell I'll take ok QB play every day if it gets us to the AFC Championship game. Just look at the Jets. It's more than Henne out there. He may screw up, but the receivers and O-line didn't do much for him all game. I'm not protecting Henne by any means. There were some throws that were just bad, like the Bess screen that was thrown at his legs behind him. He was inaccurate yesterday, and that can't be completely blamed on the WR's. He played with more poise, but still had some happy feet because of the O-line.

He didn't play bad, he had about 5 batted balls; about 5 dropped passes, made some great throws; can't pin this loss on Chad.

Totally agree WNYD! Those of you that think Henne is the problem don't have a clue. You can praise him for running so well but forget to mention the reason he was running--he was running for his friggin life because our o-line is terrible. You get on him for not hitting open receivers but he had numerous balls dropped yesterday and one that was a sure TD. Our special teams is horrific even with the new kickoff rule and we consistently allow teams to start at the 35 or 40 yard line. We also miss easy field goals. Our defense, if it's not the worst in the league, is right up there. We cannot get consistent pressure on the QB and we can't tackle or cover anyone. Our coaching strategy, play calling, use of timeouts, draft strategy, free agency, etc. is bush league and very questionable. What does our coach say in his first interview after going 0-2, "I don't have any answers????????" Really. I can tell you what would happen to most of you if you were to say that to your boss. He would say, "well then I will find someone who does have the answers." What a maroon! We are just a total suckfest in all phases of this franchise and if you want Henne to be the scapegoat that's fine but you are really off base. I've never been a big Henne apologist but he's playin his a$$ off.

I said it in another thread and ill say it again here: Chad Henne wasn't the problem for us. But he isn't the solution either.

He played good for us yesterday but he didn't play good enough to win this game. He's welcome to stay, just not for to long. If we have a chance at a franchise quarterback during the draft, we MUST pull the trigger.

I really hope so!

I actually thought Chad Henne played well. He made some nice throws that were dropped. This red zone offense is painful to watch, but the offense (outside of the red zone) is fun. I love the aggressiveness. Thomas looked really good out there yesterday. He had a quick burst, good awareness, and and seemed to have a knack for making those big plays. His only knock was the fumble (that did hurt). Henne finally seems to have taken this offense under his wing, and be the leader out there. Lets get a few W's and forget about these first two (hopefully aberrations) games.

is it me? or does the "hurry up offense" need to hurry up? I don't see the sense of urgency, we had several occasions where we could have caught the other team with 12 men on the field, one was in the red zone. 5 yards for free, I'll take it, a la, Brady. Losing is contageous, lack of discipline with Sparano, losing is acceptable to the Dolphins organization right now. Until Ross fires somebody and someone has to pay a price for the product on the field, the Dolphins will continue to lose.
Ross had a gut feeling, he needed to change coaches last year, never second guess your gut feelings.

What are you kidding man! It wasn't henne why we lost Henne did well. He was running for his life most of the time and when he wasn't the line was in his face. Our Oline SUCKS. He dosnt get enough time to find those open receivers.

You sound EXACTLY like St. louis fans Circa 2006 to 2008 I mean EXACTLY. When they finally replaced hapless Marc Bulger with Sam Bradford all the people like you disappeared once Bulger was gone. Outside of Tom Brady with about the quickest release I have seen in decades, most QBs in the NFL have to run away from pressure in the backfield anymore, thats the name of the game now, Big , fast, physical DTs, well with the exception of our guys, thats the defense MO in the NFL.

Like I said, the day a legit QB walks onto the field all will change. Look at St. Louis, Looke at Detroit now that Stafford is healthy, look at friggin Buffalo that Fitzpatrick is playing well. Look at Indy now without Manning. Without Manning in there and with the same exact Oline guess what ? Their QB is as you say, running for his life. Its all in the QB dude. Look at Buffalo alone. Fans cried their Oline suckked for years now Fitzpatrick is smoking hot and all is well. Its the guy steering the ship, end of story.

is it me? or does the "hurry up offense" need to hurry up? I don't see the sense of urgency, we had several occasions where we could have caught the other team with 12 men on the field, one was in the red zone. 5 yards for free, I'll take it, a la, Brady. Losing is contageous, lack of discipline with Sparano, losing is acceptable to the Dolphins organization right now. Until Ross fires somebody and someone has to pay a price for the product on the field, the Dolphins will continue to lose.
Ross had a gut feeling, he needed to change coaches last year, never second guess your gut feelings.

Its not you. Watching the game yesterday even my wife said our hurry up offense still has Henne looking like he is lost. Its not you. You saw what the entire world that saw the game saw. Some chose to ignore what was going on.

Ok all you Henne lovers out there. The QB does not get paid to play alright and get decent numbers. If you are to be considered an NFL caliber QB you must get the ball in the end zone, end of story. Must of you seem to be perfectly content with Henne's numbers but you have to win games. Look at all the sucess in the NFL and it always comes down to the QB getting the ball into the endzone. You Henne supporters sound no different than Sparano and babbling each week. It always!!!!! starts with the QB. Thank you and have a good day amateurs.

While I don't think Henne played an overly bad game and I don't fault Sparano for his praise here, I DO hate the fact Sparano thinks that in any way calling out his team will have them all turn on him.

Just goes to show how much he has lost that locker room that he is afraid to say anything substantially negative about his team.

Not sure why you think he has lost the locker room (wishful thinking by most here) because he does not call out his players to the press. So calling Henne out for not playing too bad will help him with his locker room?

I think Henne played pretty well, to me at least it looks like he has
improved a lot and the 2 picks he has so far, aren't really his "fault."

Just remember it could be worse.......

1zqspoi-1.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled245.jpg
    Untitled245.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom