I finnaly got to watch the game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I finnaly got to watch the game

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
After a hellish long day and then unexpected vistors for most of the night i finally got the time to watch the game. Overall great performance. They have been saying all along that it is all about the 3rd game, and they didn't disapoint. The starting D looked real sharp except a misscomunication that had 3 db chasing Bradford, and Fletcher stopped for a beer instead of covering Jermaine Lewis but he dropped the ball. Seriously if you have the tape rewatch that play you will see Jamar playing deep sideline containment the only problem is no Texan went deep or near the sideline. Other than that JT and Zach looked ready for the Lions. I think i rewatched the play 10 times that had Zach cut threw the OG to hit the RB in the backfeild. Ogun is making it real hard for J Williams and Burnett to keep up. On offense pretty solid as well. Jay's int took some wind out of the sails, but we were already cruising. Norv's offense it proving that Turner was by far the best pick up of the offseason. It seems every time Jay drops back he has a wide open TE or RB if he wants it. The offense seemed to finally click with good play from the o-line, solid running from RW, and Jay and the WRs clicking. As far as personal performances these are the ones that stood out to me:

Dedric Ward is the 3rd wr no question. He is huge on 3rd downs, and made a spectacular catch with one hand behind him ripping it out of the air before it fell in the hands of awaiting Texan hands.

Ricky finally looked like the guy we hoped he would be. He ran tough, and put a hurting on the Texan defense. His TD run was the best indivisual performance of the night. If he would have played the whole game the Texan defense would have needed help off the feild.

Konrad won't have to block if he keeps catching the ball like he does. After all the talk about Rob being used more we will finally see what we have in #44 this season. Great hands and even better after the catch.

O-line had very solid performance. For the first time in 1 season and 2 playoff games a Dolphin RB actully had some holes to run through. There was a couple of let downs, but that is expected with all the shifting.

Jay had 2 out standing series to start the game. His 30 yard pass to OG was one of the better passes I have ever seen him throw. He was reading the defense very well, and playing Norv's game perfectly. He struggled a little in his next 3 drives. It may have been fatigue from not playing as much durring training camp, because after having great velocity on his passes early they started to float on him a little later in the 1st half. The int was absolutely awfull! it either slipped out of his hand or he threw it 10 yards to short and 20 yards to high. Overall though I would say a very comforting performance. He improved 210% from last week. If he does that the next 2 weeks as well he will be right where he needs to be come Sept 8th(fingers crossed).

Ogun, I love this guy! Started as number 4 or 5 on the depth cahrt but in my book should start against Detroit. He is all over the place tracking down RBs chasing Qbs out of the pocket. If he can play like this when it counts Jay T will come near the 14 sack mark again.

Last and least Jamar Fletcher. Had an int, but don't let that fool you. I think that was the only play that he actully stook with his WR, but even then didn't make a play on the ball instead it just ended up in his hands. He tends to give his WR way to much cushion, and just is no where near being as good as he talks. I hope Dave and Rick are still shopping around.

Hey DeJ..would you send me a copy of the game...I really would like to see it..I can't get the games here in MD unless it's a national televised game. I want to see this one...Listening to all you guys just makes me salivate..:-)

Yeah that could be aranged. You would have to send me a a return envelope with postage and i'll send it. Just email me to get my address.

Thanks Dajesus..I'll be emailing you..Man I'm always asking someone to tape or send me a copy..I've got to get this Direct TV thing worked out.

Wooooooooooo...

... I watched the game too, and I didn't see Fletcher out of position. In fact I didn't see one pass completed on his guy. What I did see was Surtain getting beat regularly. Please what quarter was this that Fletcher was beaten on? Because I want to see what you saw. Thx in advance.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Dajesus
After a hellish long day and then unexpected vistors for most of the night i finally got the time to watch the game. Overall great performance. They have been saying all along that it is all about the 3rd game, and they didn't disapoint. The starting D looked real sharp except a misscomunication that had 3 db chasing Bradford, and Fletcher stopped for a beer instead of covering Jermaine Lewis but he dropped the ball. Seriously if you have the tape rewatch that play you will see Jamar playing deep sideline containment the only problem is no Texan went deep or near the sideline. Other than that JT and Zach looked ready for the Lions. I think i rewatched the play 10 times that had Zach cut threw the OG to hit the RB in the backfeild. Ogun is making it real hard for J Williams and Burnett to keep up. On offense pretty solid as well. Jay's int took some wind out of the sails, but we were already cruising. Norv's offense it proving that Turner was by far the best pick up of the offseason. It seems every time Jay drops back he has a wide open TE or RB if he wants it. The offense seemed to finally click with good play from the o-line, solid running from RW, and Jay and the WRs clicking. As far as personal performances these are the ones that stood out to me:

Dedric Ward is the 3rd wr no question. He is huge on 3rd downs, and made a spectacular catch with one hand behind him ripping it out of the air before it fell in the hands of awaiting Texan hands.

Ricky finally looked like the guy we hoped he would be. He ran tough, and put a hurting on the Texan defense. His TD run was the best indivisual performance of the night. If he would have played the whole game the Texan defense would have needed help off the feild.

Konrad won't have to block if he keeps catching the ball like he does. After all the talk about Rob being used more we will finally see what we have in #44 this season. Great hands and even better after the catch.

O-line had very solid performance. For the first time in 1 season and 2 playoff games a Dolphin RB actully had some holes to run through. There was a couple of let downs, but that is expected with all the shifting.

Jay had 2 out standing series to start the game. His 30 yard pass to OG was one of the better passes I have ever seen him throw. He was reading the defense very well, and playing Norv's game perfectly. He struggled a little in his next 3 drives. It may have been fatigue from not playing as much durring training camp, because after having great velocity on his passes early they started to float on him a little later in the 1st half. The int was absolutely awfull! it either slipped out of his hand or he threw it 10 yards to short and 20 yards to high. Overall though I would say a very comforting performance. He improved 210% from last week. If he does that the next 2 weeks as well he will be right where he needs to be come Sept 8th(fingers crossed).

Ogun, I love this guy! Started as number 4 or 5 on the depth cahrt but in my book should start against Detroit. He is all over the place tracking down RBs chasing Qbs out of the pocket. If he can play like this when it counts Jay T will come near the 14 sack mark again.

Last and least Jamar Fletcher. Had an int, but don't let that fool you. I think that was the only play that he actully stook with his WR, but even then didn't make a play on the ball instead it just ended up in his hands. He tends to give his WR way to much cushion, and just is no where near being as good as he talks. I hope Dave and Rick are still shopping around.

Who got beat on the TD called back. Is it the corners or the Safetys? I heard Marion has been out of position.

The 3 DB's...

Originally posted by Sherif
Who got beat on the TD called back. Is it the corners or the Safetys? I heard Marion has been out of position.

... that were trailing the TEXANS WR was Surtain, Marion and Freeman. They showed a replay of it and it was Surtains man. The WR simply ran right by Surtain. For some odd reason Surtain didn't bump him.

Oliver...

Re: Wooooooooooo...

Originally posted by Oliver
... I watched the game too, and I didn't see Fletcher out of position. In fact I didn't see one pass completed on his guy. What I did see was Surtain getting beat regularly. Please what quarter was this that Fletcher was beaten on? Because I want to see what you saw. Thx in advance.

Oliver...

2nd quarter Jermaine Lewis was wide open about 8 yards down feild, but dropped the ball. On the play he was the only 1 lined up on that side with 2wrs on the other side i think and Lewis did a quick out and Fletcher kept running up the sideline. I don't think he saw Lewis break out, but then when the ball was in the air you can see him at the top of the screen circle around like a bus in a parking lot to try to get back to the play.

Back
Top Bottom