I get no miami news | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I get no miami news

Chambers34Phins

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I get no miami news living in new england... obviously.

Is ogun gone for sure? Because all I see is "if we get a 1st and a 3rd for o gun" threads.

We do not have enough money to resign him. He is going to ask for apparently "J.T. type money" (5 million per) and his ProBowl selection this year will back that up. We have other pressing needs on offense and some quality back-ups that could fill in for O-Gun.

So, yes, he will most likely be gone.

As Gonk has stated before, Wale is not seen as a need for this team. But we need him to, if anything, use as bait for trade... but he is still a Dolphin until the FO says he is not....

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
I get no miami news living in new england... obviously.

Is ogun gone for sure? Because all I see is "if we get a 1st and a 3rd for o gun" threads.

No, there is still a lot that is left to be worked out. The team will tender him with the top RFA amount which will guarantee Ogun about a $2 million salary and give the Dolphins the right of first refusal. IF someone wants him, they would have to give up first and third round picks to sign him- something most teams will not be willing to do.

There is a very strong liklihood that Ogun will be back next year with the one year RFA amount.

One other thing to consider here: if the 'Fins can't afford to sign Ogun do any of you really believe that they'll be able to package two picks together to grab one of the two top QB's with the money that top 5 QB's garner? I don't think so...think about it.

Originally posted by Gonk
We do not have enough money to resign him. He is going to ask for apparently "J.T. type money" (5 million per) and his ProBowl selection this year will back that up. We have other pressing needs on offense and some quality back-ups that could fill in for O-Gun.

So, yes, he will most likely be gone.

We will probably keep him......we can tender him for 1.9 and hope somebody with a good pick takes him from us..............Wanting JT money is a bunch of Agent babble....remember there is a alot of good FA DE's out there..........and alot of them are UFA instead of the RFA that Ogun is............

If I had to bet, I would say he re-signs at around 3.5 a year or so.

He will get at least $5 million, and from what I've heard, Miami is already trying to figure out how to put that under the cap. They will restructure the contracts of Sam Madison, Zach Thomas, and Jason Taylor along with extending the contract of Patrick Surtain.

I would love to see the guy stay. At first he was thriving of JT double teams.... but eventually he was double teamed and still getting the job done. Two great DE's really help your corners becuase they preassure the qb into non quality passes. I really don't want to see the guy go personally. But thank you all for the info.

Didn't Ogun earlier in the season say that he's going all out for the big money? I think Miami should just tender him and let the suitors do all the bidding, and decide from there. Miami would have right of first refusal, right? I've heard about the Pats and Eagles' interest, but their 1st rd. pick is not all that inticing.

I see a lot of DEs being picked in the first round on a lot of mock boards. Why would a team take a chance on an untested DE in the first round when for an extra 3rd rounder they could have the AFC leader in sacks (plus he's young and already a pro-bowler)? I think we may see some teams show a little interest.

O-gun has went on record a few times saying he wants long-term, big $$$...so has his agent.

Hasn't Zach taken enough pay cuts? May be time for some others to bite the bullet instead of Zach.

I dont understand why these guys need the big money. I mean I dont have money thrown at me like that. But for the good of the team, I would just take enough each year to keep me well off, know what I'm saying? But I guess once you get some, you want more and more and more.

It's all about fair market value. And the lifespan of a football player's career ain't very long. If you were lucky, you got to see the article written by Mark Dixon's ex-wife we had exclusively on Sunday before it was taken down. If you had a chance to read that, you might have gotten a different perspective on football players and money.

But back to the point. You gotta get what you can, while you can. Honestly, what's your motivation for going to work?? Make money. Well, he's got a great chance to make alot of money. Can't fault him for that. Plus, if the team could pay him the minimum.....you can bet your a** they would. It's a business.

Originally posted by Muck
It's all about fair market value. And the lifespan of a football player's career ain't very long. If you were lucky, you got to see the article written by Mark Dixon's ex-wife we had exclusively on Sunday before it was taken down. If you had a chance to read that, you might have gotten a different perspective on football players and money.

But back to the point. You gotta get what you can, while you can. Honestly, what's your motivation for going to work?? Make money. Well, he's got a great chance to make alot of money. Can't fault him for that. Plus, if the team could pay him the minimum.....you can bet your a** they would. It's a business.

That's what the world revolves around....like it or not. I'm all for a guy getting what he can.

Originally posted by Muck

You are more then right.... it is about the money. But he shouldn't want an overwhelming amount of money that actually hurts the team.

True careers are short, take a good amount of money, but I'm saying you don't need so much money that you don't even know what to do with it all.

I dont know.... you can go both ways.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins

You are more then right.... it is about the money. But he shouldn't want an overwhelming amount of money that actually hurts the team.

True careers are short, take a good amount of money, but I'm saying you don't need so much money that you don't even know what to do with it all.

I dont know.... you can go both ways.

Northeastern liberals. :nono:

Just kiddin' man....:lol:

Back
Top Bottom