I got a few options at RB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I got a few options at RB

Mako

Active Roster
Reaction score
Everyone seems to go with the popular logic to get Ricky Williams or Edgerrin James, either Id like to see here, but here are a few backs that could come to the Dolphins at half the price of Edge/Williams that in my opinion could excell for the Phins.

1) Trung Candidate (Rams)- The man is a pure speed burner, and is capable of being an every down back. Look at the numbers he put up when Marshall was injured. I don't honestly see the Rams expecting an arm and a leg for a back up RB, and his salary cap figure isn't all that big.

2) Chris from Pittsburgh (I aint even attempting to spell his last name because I know Ill miss it by a mile)- Another case of a backup who could start for a large number of teams in the NFL. Not exactly one whos going to beat people in a foot race, but he is one who could bowl over opposing defenses.. Reminds me a lot of a young version of Jerome Bettis. I know the Patriots signed him to an offer sheet last season, and the Steelers matched it, not too sure of the exact total of the contract, but Im almost certain its under 3 million.

3) Olandis Gary (Broncos)- His main problem which would steer me against him is his yearly battle with injuries. He's put up over 1000 in the past and if he could stay healthy Im certain he could do it again.

4) Ricky Watters (Seahawks)- This is one of the ones Miami would have to spend a little more to get, but with the emergence of Shaun Alexander, Watters is available. Id go for him if Miami is looking for a stop gap option to hold them over for the next two to three seasons while developing someone to be the RB of the future (Aka Travis Minor or a back they can pick up in the draft)

5) Michael Pittman (Cardinals)- I honestly think if this guy was playing for any other team rather than the Cardinals, he would be a star. He has outstanding break away skills, and can finish the job in the redzone. As for getting him, its the Cardinals.. Offer Bidwell a bottle of Suntan Lotion and he would jump at it.

6) Ben Gay (Browns)- LMMFAO Ok Im not being serious now, but for a few good laughs bringing in a guy named BEN GAY might just do the trick.

Here's just a few of my suggestions.. I think any number of these players would do good for the Dolphins (except for #6). Anyone have any opinions on these backs or have any other cheaper backs that Miami could explore the possibility of getting?

dolphins13fan..............

Originally posted by Dolphins13Fan
Everyone seems to go with the popular logic to get Ricky Williams or Edgerrin James, either Id like to see here, but here are a few backs that could come to the Dolphins at half the price of Edge/Williams that in my opinion could excell for the Phins.

1) Trung Candidate (Rams)- The man is a pure speed burner, and is capable of being an every down back. Look at the numbers he put up when Marshall was injured. I don't honestly see the Rams expecting an arm and a leg for a back up RB, and his salary cap figure isn't all that big.

2) Chris from Pittsburgh (I aint even attempting to spell his last name because I know Ill miss it by a mile)- Another case of a backup who could start for a large number of teams in the NFL. Not exactly one whos going to beat people in a foot race, but he is one who could bowl over opposing defenses.. Reminds me a lot of a young version of Jerome Bettis. I know the Patriots signed him to an offer sheet last season, and the Steelers matched it, not too sure of the exact total of the contract, but Im almost certain its under 3 million.

3) Olandis Gary (Broncos)- His main problem which would steer me against him is his yearly battle with injuries. He's put up over 1000 in the past and if he could stay healthy Im certain he could do it again.

4) Ricky Watters (Seahawks)- This is one of the ones Miami would have to spend a little more to get, but with the emergence of Shaun Alexander, Watters is available. Id go for him if Miami is looking for a stop gap option to hold them over for the next two to three seasons while developing someone to be the RB of the future (Aka Travis Minor or a back they can pick up in the draft)

5) Michael Pittman (Cardinals)- I honestly think if this guy was playing for any other team rather than the Cardinals, he would be a star. He has outstanding break away skills, and can finish the job in the redzone. As for getting him, its the Cardinals.. Offer Bidwell a bottle of Suntan Lotion and he would jump at it.

6) Ben Gay (Browns)- LMMFAO Ok Im not being serious now, but for a few good laughs bringing in a guy named BEN GAY might just do the trick.

Here's just a few of my suggestions.. I think any number of these players would do good for the Dolphins (except for #6). Anyone have any opinions on these backs or have any other cheaper backs that Miami could explore the possibility of getting?

Those are some intriguing RB's that have not been brought up until now. I think that out of those, the two I would like to pursue if we are unsuccessful in obtaining Edge or Ricky, are Trung Candidate or Michael Pittman. I agree with you on Pittman totally. He plays for the Cardinals and doesn't have squat for an o-line to run behind with the exception of the rookie tackle Leonard Davis from Texas, who has turned into a stud o-lineman.

Re: dolphins13fan..............

Originally posted by aqua&orange54

Those are some intriguing RB's that have not been brought up until now. I think that out of those, the two I would like to pursue if we are unsuccessful in obtaining Edge or Ricky, are Trung Candidate or Michael Pittman. I agree with you on Pittman totally. He plays for the Cardinals and doesn't have squat for an o-line to run behind with the exception of the rookie tackle Leonard Davis from Texas, who has turned into a stud o-lineman.

If I had my choice to be all honest, Id pick Trung even over Ricky. The guy is going to be a superstar in this league, once given the opportunity to be a starter. I'd love to see him put them numbers up as a Miami Dolphin, and being able to get him for relatively cheap doesn't hurt either.. If all else fails, I agree with your choice of Pittman. He's another one who once he escapes the doldrums of Bill Bidwell's clutch should shine.

Forgot to mention this in the last post.. Another benefactor in going after a guy like Trung Candidate/Michael Pittman instead of a Ricky Williams is the obvious money factor.. Save a few dollars, get Trung or Pittman and bring in a few bulldozers for the offensive line.. Also its uncertain whether or not Jay will return next season. I tend to think he will return, the demand in the open market for QBs is slim and Miami seems to be his only and best option. However in case he does leave, some of that extra money could be used to go after a vet QB (ala Neil O Donnell) to groom either Cade McNown or a QB they could pick up in the draft (George Godfrey, Rohan Davey, Major Applewhite or even Joey Harrington should he fall that far).

I could settle for Canidate, he is certainly better than Smith, but Williams?? Canidate gets 5 yards per carry because he has an amazing offensive line. Put him behind our offensive line, he would get only 4, but that is still very good.

i wish there was some way.....................

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I could settle for Canidate, he is certainly better than Smith, but Williams?? Canidate gets 5 yards per carry because he has an amazing offensive line. Put him behind our offensive line, he would get only 4, but that is still very good.

to get lamar behind the rams oline. i don't think he is that bad a runner. and i think about anybody would fumble as hard as he was hit!:rolleyes:

The Rams offensive line would probably be able to make Travis Henry look good. That is how good their offensive line is.

the Rams w/b morons to trade Trung with all the injuries Faulk has had. Pittman seems like a good choice :D

Re: i wish there was some way.....................

Originally posted by dolfan06

to get lamar behind the rams oline. i don't think he is that bad a runner. and i think about anybody would fumble as hard as he was hit!:rolleyes:

Consider it.. He rushed for over 1200 and 1000 yards respectively under some mediocre and horrible O Lines.. Hes got the talent but not the line.

I like Candidate though because I think hes a guy whos going to be a star some day in the NFL. Then again I thought that John Avery and Cecil Collins were going to be stars too :lol: :lol:

Re: well you have to admit.............

Originally posted by dolfan06
cecil did stand out from the rest!:lol:

In More ways than one :lol: Too bad his ways werent on the football field :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom