I hate Mini-Camps... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hate Mini-Camps...

DOOMSDAYERS FOR EVER!!!!

Some people are never happy unless they have something to gripe about, and this time of year, really produces some beauts.

SkapePhin said:
Its the same thing every year...

-Omg0zrs! The Starting QB sucks!! But that 3rd stringer will be an all-pro in this league!
-WTF! Chambers dropped a ball!! What a bust that guy is! But that undrafted FA WR we brought in is catching everything! Could be a sleeper!
-Leonard Henry looks better than Ricky Williams!
-Our corners are getting burned by our receivers who cant catch! We are doomed!

People.. It is MINI-CAMP.. Like Saban said, they are teaching rather than evaluating.. Stop formulating doomsday scenarios based on some glorified warm-ups..

This time of year is by far the worst as far as unwarranted griping and praising is concerned.. Heck, even training camp and Pre-season isnt a true gauge of a player's talent.. Two Words: Ray Lucas.
Thanks for bringing up good points. You are right on target. As soon as the real training camp starts we will see who can play and who will be riding the pine. However, I do believe that Lamar Gordon has a lot to prove and could be a good player for us.

Thank you Skape.. that's what i've been trying to get through to some people for 2 days now.. Thanks for saying it perfectly!

I'm glad someone finally said it in a thread...

Let me repeat the line...."People, it's just minicamp ! Chill Out !!!!"

remeber there is no equipment those of you who keep bugging out they r jus wearing helmets so relax its a big difference trust me i know on my team you have kids who r so good without equipment and u strap on the pad and it solves everything they end up neva playin

Good post Skape. Sometimes it scares me that these people are actually fans of my team. Makes the rest of us look bad. Mini Camp is just a time for the players to start learning the playbook. Last time I checked, Super Bowls were not won in June while wearing shorts, no pads, no hitting, and no opposing teams.

I think the "Trade Ronnie Brown for a QB" thread was dumber than the "Gordon is so good we don't need Brown" thread. By the way, I watched some of Gordon's college games. He's good, and is a veteran. But he isn't Ronnie Brown. Let's just be happy if he plays well and we have solid depth at running back. A blessing we didn't have last year.

SkapePhin said:
Its the same thing every year...

-Omg0zrs! The Starting QB sucks!! But that 3rd stringer will be an all-pro in this league!
-WTF! Chambers dropped a ball!! What a bust that guy is! But that undrafted FA WR we brought in is catching everything! Could be a sleeper!
-Leonard Henry looks better than Ricky Williams!
-Our corners are getting burned by our receivers who cant catch! We are doomed!

People.. It is MINI-CAMP.. Like Saban said, they are teaching rather than evaluating.. Stop formulating doomsday scenarios based on some glorified warm-ups..

This time of year is by far the worst as far as unwarranted griping and praising is concerned.. Heck, even training camp and Pre-season isnt a true gauge of a player's talent.. Two Words: Ray Lucas.

Very good post. Nobody realizes nothing matters until September 11th. Remember the Marv Levy Bills of the early 90's terrrible preseason team as they used to call their camps Club Marv. I wonder how many Dolphin fans they suckered into thinking they would suck after finishing preseaon 1-3 or 0-4, as they often did??? They usually came out and tore apart there week 1 opponent.

Some of this camp stuff is fun to talk about becuase it's the first taste of Dolphins football we have gotten since last January. However, seeing some of the crap that is posted on here now makes me question how fun it actually is. If there is anyone out there who can completly tell a teams fate after 3 mini camp practices and which players are a "waste of a draft pick" please quit your day job and get into scouting in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom