I hate proposing a 'trade idea' but if we need a 3rd WR... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hate proposing a 'trade idea' but if we need a 3rd WR...

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
...we might try sniffing around the Redskins to see if they'll think about dropping James Thrash, Darnerian McCants, or Taylor Jacobs to us.

Recently KFFL reported that all three of them are competing for the 3rd WR position. Sure, the Skins could keep all three. If they did, thats a heck of a 5 person WR corp, and lots of teams would love that kind of depth....its a matter of will the skins be greedy.

Its an interesting question because you know that Daniel Snyder would love to see what he can get trading away Thrash or McCants (probably not Jacobs), yet Gibbs will probably want to have depth in his WR corp (as would any head coach).

I don't know I just thought that, among trade ideas, this one would be pretty decent in terms of its ability to actually happen, should the Dolphins be interested. You have 3 good WRs competing for the THIRD WR role in Washington, and thats pretty crowded. You have an owner who loves dabbling in trades and stuff. Two of those WRs competing are proven vets who have either started or played in a 3rd WR role for a while and made plenty of plays...and I would think that Gibbs' offense doesn't utilize a bunch of 3 and 4 WR sets because everyone keeps talking about how good he is at max protections and stuff to protect the QB.

I would maybe offer like a low round pick to see if we can get James Thrash, who Feeley has played with in Philadelphia and would be familiar with, and also Thrash would be familiar with Norv Turner's playbook terminology (more so than Derrius was, for instance).

Oh god NO!!!

No more trades!!!

Please Rick, lets save some draft picks, this trading of future picks must stop.

I really like what we got now, and we can always add one of these June 1st casualties.

While I agree that I do NOT want to give up another future draft pick, your analysis of the Redskins depth at a position of our need is very correct. Perhaps they could be enticed to look at a position of our depth? Maybe FS? What about offering them Arturo Freeman? We would still have Edwards and Bell to compete for the starting role with Wooden and Akins to back up Knight on the other side. Or perhaps we dangle Leonard Henry at them and go with Russell as our third RB? Worth a phone call?

That would be a pretty good idea Ohiophinphan except that the Skins drafted Sean Taylor, and I thought they were relatively happy with Ohalete as their Strong Safety (which Freeman is not suited for) and Matt Bowen as backup.

I can see it now:

Spielman: Ok Dan, how about Yeremiah Bell for Taylor JacobsMark Brunell.

Snyder: What was that?

Spielman: I said, how about Yeremiah Bell for Taylor JacobsMark Brunell.

Snyder: (With a worried look) Um ... ok. (He signs paperwork.)

Speilman: :escape:

The irony would be too much to take...
Trading with the Skins for a number 3 receiver ?
Didn't we sign, our 'number 2' receiver D. Thompson for years to come from them last year ?
Not only was Trash was horrible last year with Philly, Mccants and Jacobs put up numbers similar to D.Thompson the year before...
IMO, we'd probably end up throwing a draft pick away...

DrAstroZoom said:
I can see it now:

Spielman: Ok Dan, how about Yeremiah Bell for Taylor JacobsMark Brunell.

Snyder: What was that?

Spielman: I said, how about Yeremiah Bell for Taylor JacobsMark Brunell.

Snyder: (With a worried look) Um ... ok. (He signs paperwork.)

Speilman: :escape:

:roflmao: :roflmao:

I would much rather trade for Plexico Burress, or someone established as a big time threat. Henry and Freeman are very possible for trade bait, though Rick and Dave love Arturo, I think we have him and Edwards, and one needs to go, because they are too much alike, and we need Wooden and Akins on Special Teams. Arturo is making 7 or 8 hundred, plus incentives, Bell is making 230,000. I think it's almost like Edwards and Bell = Freeman, cap space wise. I am thinki economics. Henry is a great guy, but Russell is a whole new dimension.

If the Miami coaches can't mine one adequate 3rd receiver from the likes of:

14 Johnson, Willie WR 6-4 204 23
15 Bellamy, Ron WR 6-0 200 21
16 Davis, Nick WR 6-0 182 24
17 Morris, Carl WR 6-3 213 22
19 Minnis, Marvin WR 6-1 168 26
82 Newson, Kendall WR 6-2 197 24
83 Simmons, Sam WR 5-10 205 23
86 Wilkins, Terrence WR 5-10 180 28
87 Tolver, J.R. WR 6-1 200 24
88 Thompson, Derrius WR 6-2 215 26,

we've got problems.

Big mistake. I lived near DC for the last 12 years and I've seen these guys play. They are absolutely NOT better than the receivers we already have. They were playing in the Spurrier pass first offense with a stud receiver (Lavernaus Coles) and none of them put up any impressive numbers.

NO MORE TRADES!
I have faith in Sullivan turning one of the recievers, listed by Maggot Brain, into a quality 3rd reciever .

Back
Top Bottom