I hate to see how the media cheers for the PATS | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hate to see how the media cheers for the PATS

MikeO said:
Because there are no loud-mouth jerks on their team who showboat and act like assclowns all the time.

No Steve Smith's, T.O's, Chad Johnson's, Michael Strahan's...........guys who after they make a good play go into a 10 minute dance routine. They have an owner who for the most part keeps his mouth shut and doesn't cause any problems. It's a team that just plays. No other BS around it. They show up, play, and win.

and with great class Rodney not withstanding. I love these guys as an example of how to be a team. When one goes down there are no excuses, hell when half of them go down they make no excuses. I LOVE the concept of having expectations for the position, not the player in it. If you want to know where we are going look at them.

MikeO said:
Because there are no loud-mouth jerks on their team who showboat and act like assclowns all the time.

No Steve Smith's, T.O's, Chad Johnson's, Michael Strahan's...........guys who after they make a good play go into a 10 minute dance routine. They have an owner who for the most part keeps his mouth shut and doesn't cause any problems. It's a team that just plays. No other BS around it. They show up, play, and win.

Actually, I disagree. Brady continues to spout the "no respect" thing which is REALLY getting old. Harrison is a class A jerk. McGhinist is a complete scumbag as a human being. Branch always showboat whenver he gets a first down. The drop kick sh-- was complete bush league. Let's stop putting these guys on a pedestal. They are very good and very lucky. Period.

And actually one thing that has always stuck with me is Brady's great quote. Interviewer, "Tom Brady which Superbowl win was the best". Brady; "The next one".
Arrogant, hachet chinned a-hole. Lets get back to the carreer ending injury thing.

DolphinsRising said:
Hearing Brady say how the team has been "disrespected" all season by the media, fans, everyone on the planet, made me want to puke. Giving me another reason to keep on hating the Pattys.

Oh boo hoo! Let me go tune up my violin for ya Tommy Boy. It must be so difficult to get less love from the media than you expect.

Ah, never mind. I'd hate to keep you from making another candy A$$ Visa commercial.

MikeO said:

perfectly put... and when does this crap about "the media loves the pats" end?

they "love" any champion... because it makes sense to give them air time while they're still playing and winning means they love that particular team? the most ridiculous thing i've heard in a long time... what do you prefer? the media not cover them at all, despite the fact that they win and stay alive? just treat the Patriots like that big white elephant in the living room and ignore them to satisfy people like YOU? grow up...

PressCoverage said:

they "love" any champion... because it makes sense to give them air time while they're still playing and winning means they love that particular team? the most ridiculous thing i've heard in a long time... what do you prefer? the media not cover them at all, despite the fact that they win and stay alive? just treat the Patriots like that big white elephant in the living room and ignore them to satisfy people like YOU? grow up...

As long as they covet both teams that are playing is all we ask for. They were still going on and on about that stupid dropkick thing last night for petes sake. BTW: The only other person I would expect to do a drop kick stunt like that is Howard Stern.

Why does the media cheer for the pats?
Because we win big games
It hasn't always been like that though

maybe 20 year ago only half of all patriots games were broadcasted across the BOSTON area. The reason why?- back then if the patriots didnt sell out the game they wouldnt show it on tv. And believe me that happened tons of times. Their prestige was so low more people were familiar with the ny giants in new england than the patriots. You have to understand, we might be the model franchise today, but if you look at our history its a complete disaster.

popularwar said:
That's exactly what I meant. The media would pay to give Brady a hummer in the huddle.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: That is hilarious like they say ESPN stands for "Everyone sucks Patriots Nuts"

MKeveny said:
back then if the patriots didnt sell out the game they wouldnt show it on tv.
That still happens to us today. Our games are "sold out" but only because the network ends up buying a lot of tickets to make a profit from the commercials.

PressCoverage said:

When will you stop pretending to be a Fins fan?

kasaba13 said:
When will you stop pretending to be a Fins fan?

It's posts like these that make me seriously want to reconsider ever posting on message boards.

Apparently, to be a Dolphins fan, you must hate all 31 other teams and make sure to always point out the negatives about each and every one of them. Any time a rival wins a game, it was due to "luck" and not quality team play, and giving flatteries to an opponent obviously means you are not a true fan.

Apparently you cannot be a fan of "football" and the Dolphins at the same time, since being a fan of the former means enjoying football played by teams other than the Miami Dolphins, which is a sin.

Well I'll tell you this. If being a true fan of the Dolphins means acting like a juvenile 11 year old child distorting factual data just because the team in question is a rival of yours, count me out too. PressCoverage was dead on the money in his post, and your response was simply kneejerk.

May I also remind everybody this is the "No Smack" forum. This should be in Depths of the Sea. I suggest it be moved there.

kasaba13 said:
Actually, I disagree. Brady continues to spout the "no respect" thing which is REALLY getting old. Harrison is a class A jerk. McGhinist is a complete scumbag as a human being. Branch always showboat whenver he gets a first down. The drop kick sh-- was complete bush league. Let's stop putting these guys on a pedestal. They are very good and very lucky. Period.

Ahh, yes, luck. Luck causes teams to go 14-2 two years in a row and win two super bowls in a row. :/

You make it real hard to be proud of being a Dolphins fan. I love the Dolphins, but not silly rhetoric like that.

RobFins2005 said:
It's posts like these that make me seriously want to reconsider ever posting on message boards.

Apparently, to be a Dolphins fan, you must hate all 31 other teams and make sure to always point out the negatives about each and every one of them. Any time a rival wins a game, it was due to "luck" and not quality team play, and giving flatteries to an opponent obviously means you are not a true fan.

Apparently you cannot be a fan of "football" and the Dolphins at the same time, since being a fan of the former means enjoying football played by teams other than the Miami Dolphins, which is a sin.

Well I'll tell you this. If being a true fan of the Dolphins means acting like a juvenile 11 year old child distorting factual data just because the team in question is a rival of yours, count me out too. PressCoverage was dead on the money in his post, and your response was simply kneejerk.

May I also remind everybody this is the "No Smack" forum. This should be in Depths of the Sea. I suggest it be moved there.

Pal, settle down. You obviously don't know the history of PressCoverage. He is negative toward everything that is Miami football. I am a huge football team and respect the hell out of a lot of teams and players. I love the Dolphins but I also love watching good football. Don't judge me before you know where I am coming from. The point is that the media is in a complete love fest with the Pats to the point where they can NEVER see any wrong. Certainly, they deserve a ton of respect but no team should ever be completely removed from any level of criticism.

RobFins2005 said:
Ahh, yes, luck. Luck causes teams to go 14-2 two years in a row and win two super bowls in a row. :/

You make it real hard to be proud of being a Dolphins fan. I love the Dolphins, but not silly rhetoric like that.

Please find me a SuperBowl team that did not have a string of luck on the way to winning the championship. It doesn't happen. All great teams need luck to go along with a solid team. It's just part of the formula. That is all that I am saying. Stop this "you make it hard to be a Dolphins fan" crap and stop pretending to be Mr. Mature well-rounded football fan. You have your opinions and I have mine and that's it. I'm sure we agree on a lot and disagree on other things.

Back
Top Bottom