i have a few questions about some players? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

i have a few questions about some players?

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
I need some info on some players.

1.rex hadnot-finheaven has him listed as a starter at RG. will he have a chance at center?

2.zgonina-is he going to stay or go?

3.Is kevin carter playing de or dt?

4.are we going to pay reggie howard 3mill this year? wtf we could get alot better for 3mill.

5.chris akins- I thought he was going to retire due to injuries? he is still on the roster.

6.travis daniels- is this guy a corner or saftey?

7.crowder- is he going to play olb or mlb?

rickysux said:

1.rex hadnot-finheaven has him listed as a starter at RG. will he have a chance at center?

4.are we going to pay reggie howard 3mill this year? wtf we could get alot better for 3mill.

5.chris akins- I thought he was going to retire due to injuries? he is still on the roster.

I shall answer as best as i can...here goes

1. He will have the opportunity to play center this year since we didnt really grab one in the draft or anywhere to be exact
2. Seems like hes staying right now...but could be traded or cut on june 1st
3. Both
4. Howard aint really that high on my list but im hearing he could be a june 1st cut
5. I think he retired
6. Daniels played cornerback in college and this guy does have the talent to move to safety since its a need but i think he'll compete for the nickel spot this season.
7. Crowder played mlb in college and i dont really see him moving over to olb in sabans new scheme.

1. I don;t think anylineman are starters for sure yet
2. Zgonina i think will be cut after training camp unless he impresses the coaches a lot
3. I believe i read an article of him saying he will play DT except on third and long so he can rush the QB
4. thats a joke and we should cut him and get someone better but you never know what saban is thinking
5. I think he is undecided
6. Depends where Saban wants to put him but I have heard through many people that Saban is turning him safety and he will try for the starting spot (unsure)
7. not sure your guess is as good as mine but i like him

rickysux said:

1.) Yes, I think Rex Hadnot will have a legitimate chance at starting Center. Especially if McKinney continues to play poorly. Houck will know what's best.
2.) Even though we weren't able to trade Zgonina for a 6th round pick in this year's draft, I still think he's on the way out. Even though we have a bunch injury inept DT's, I think we'll probably end up releasing him if we can't trade him for financial reasons.
3.) Kevin Carter's going to be playing DT for the most part.
4.) I don't believe Reggie Howard is due to make 3 million. According to NFLPA he's supposed to be making 1 million this year... 2 million next year... 3.5 million for the next two years, and 4.5 million by 2009. NFLPA is usually pretty accurate, but if Howard doesn't improve from last season's performance.. He won't be around much longer.
5.) Haven't heard anything new on Atkins... so he might be retiring...
6.) My guess is he'll be CB, but we will also be trying him out at S. He won't be starting though, in my opinion.
7.) I believe he will be playing MLB for the most part especially when we play 3-4 it will be Thomas and Crowder at the MLB's. I could also see him playing ROLB for whenever Seau needs a break.

rickysux said:

1. Yes- G or C

2. Depends on Vickerson/Romero performance in TC IMO. Could go either way- but I would guess he stays if he cannot get traded for at least a low pick. Nick wont cut him, just because he is still ok and Nick loves his depth on the d-line.

3. Both- but my ideal line would have him at DT with Chester and JT and Roth at the ends.

4. Yes unfortunately- but dont knock him just yet- he was a good corner for Carolina and playing Nickel is actually quite different as far as strategy goes. He wasnt suited to his role last year.

5. On the roster, no word on him though. He is a good ST though, nothing more.

6. Nick says corner- but I still think he will get a look at safety.

7. Both, but more OLB probably just because of the presence of Zach at MLB

rickysux said:

I doubt it. Rex lacks the quickness needed to play center at this level. I believe he is a guard all the way.

I believe he will be gone. They will likely try to trade him again before outright releasing him. IMO, getting a 7th round pick for him would be a good deal at this point.

Both. He will probably start on the inside, as I don't think the defensive staff will rely on both Bowens and Chester being healthy. When Miami moves to the odd fronts, Carter will play outside.

I believe Reggie Howard will be released.

I've heard nothing on him, but he's a guy that is all special teams. I doubt he will make the team.

He's a corner all the way. This guy will be Miami's nickle back this year.

He will start out on the outside. He can play all three linebacker positions, and I see him getting the start as the strongside linebacker when the dust settles. He will eventually take over for Zach Thomas in the middle, IMO.

Howard released?

You actually think Nick is comfortable with Sam, Will, Mario and Travis? Its not like there is someone out there we can use the cap room to sign, because I am assuming we have enough to sign our rookies as it stands right now..?

rickysux said:

1) More than likely.
2) IMO, go.
3) Both.
4) Yes... he's a starting CB.
5) I don't know... meant to be a STs ace. I think he'll get cut.
6) Both.
7) Both... IMO, OLB in 4-3 and ILB in 3-4.

KB... if Daniels is the nickel, do you see Madison and Poole starting??

Back
Top Bottom