I hope Carolina beats the pats!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope Carolina beats the pats!!!

Your all playa haters.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game!

The Pats are going to kill the cats. I do not see them getting into the endzone.

Originally posted by Driven
Your all playa haters.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game!

The Pats are going to kill the cats. I do not see them getting into the endzone.
and you're telling me you are, the eagles couldn't!:tongue:

NFL loves the Pats?!

First of all...so there's nothing hidden...I'm a Pats fan and have been since Sam Bam was diving over the pile for TD's back in the 70's...so take everything I have to say for what it's worth. I keep hearing about how the Pats are "lucky", "favored by the NFL", "not very talented", etc, etc. My question is what does the NFL hope to gain by forcing Pats success on the NFL world. Raiders equals ratings...so why would the NFL have its refs fabricate a new/phony rule to help the Pats...no matter how much Al and Tags hate each other. Yeah the tuck rule kinda sucks...but it's the rule and was called to the letter of the law...it burned the Pats against the Browns this year...the main difference being that we didn't bitch and moan and found a way to win. We don't have any big names...star players, right? The national media is all about star f'in...why would anyone want the Pats? There are no stories...no cocaine busts, no steroid suspensions, no patented TD dances, no personalites...what does the NFL possible have to gain? Wouldn't ratings have been better if all powerful Peyton Manning had made the Show? Call me naive, but I just don't understand it...where's the grassy knoll? What is the NFL getting out of this blatent favoritism?
As for the dynasty talk...I don't know of any Pats fans that are running around claiming we can play with the 80's 49ers, early '90's Cowboys, '70's Steelers. Times are different. Everyone has to play by the same rules now. You can't load up on superstars and keep them anymore...that's the nature of the game. What all NFL fans MUSt admit is that this current Pats franchise is possibly set up for the best run of the sal. cap/free agent era. Belichek and co. made a conscious decision to go after the best 1-48 players...not the best 3 or 4 superstars. Milloy is still a very good player...but is he worth $3.5 millionn or whatever when you can have Harrison for $1.6? You have to make those kind of decisions. I read an article today (forgot where) that said the Pats go for the B level players and coach the crap out of them instead of paying a select few A players at the expense of the rest of the roster. This ain't the NBA...the team with the most dominant player doesn't necessarily win. Perhaps many teams have better players 1 through 5 or whatever...but no one can make the argument that the Pats have more quality players and depth than anyone in the league. Combine that with a great coaching staff and philosophy, smart cap management (hello Lawyer), and a butt-load of draft picks...and you have the best team in the NFL. If they win 2 Bowls in 3 years...3 in 5 years...doesn't that put them up there with the early '90's Cowboys? I'm not saying a better head to head team...but you can't put together teams like that anymore...it just can't be done. Sorry so long...but I was getting a little sick of this crap.

Originally posted by dolfan06
and you're telling me you are, the eagles couldn't!:tongue:

The Pats offense is better than the eagles, plus McNabb was hurt. I think you know what the outcome will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
tuck rule was called correctly,but that tuck rule should never have been a factor,woodson clearly open hand b_i_t_c_h slapped brady on the HEAD on that play and got away with a 15 yard penalty,even some raider media sports writers admitted that much. tuck rule should never even have come to play

Re: NFL loves the Pats?!

Originally posted by gripgrap
First of all...so there's nothing hidden...I'm a Pats fan and have been since Sam Bam was diving over the pile for TD's back in the 70's...so take everything I have to say for what it's worth. I keep hearing about how the Pats are "lucky", "favored by the NFL", "not very talented", etc, etc. My question is what does the NFL hope to gain by forcing Pats success on the NFL world. Raiders equals ratings...so why would the NFL have its refs fabricate a new/phony rule to help the Pats...no matter how much Al and Tags hate each other. Yeah the tuck rule kinda sucks...but it's the rule and was called to the letter of the law...it burned the Pats against the Browns this year...the main difference being that we didn't bitch and moan and found a way to win. We don't have any big names...star players, right? The national media is all about star f'in...why would anyone want the Pats? There are no stories...no cocaine busts, no steroid suspensions, no patented TD dances, no personalites...what does the NFL possible have to gain? Wouldn't ratings have been better if all powerful Peyton Manning had made the Show? Call me naive, but I just don't understand it...where's the grassy knoll? What is the NFL getting out of this blatent favoritism?
As for the dynasty talk...I don't know of any Pats fans that are running around claiming we can play with the 80's 49ers, early '90's Cowboys, '70's Steelers. Times are different. Everyone has to play by the same rules now. You can't load up on superstars and keep them anymore...that's the nature of the game. What all NFL fans MUSt admit is that this current Pats franchise is possibly set up for the best run of the sal. cap/free agent era. Belichek and co. made a conscious decision to go after the best 1-48 players...not the best 3 or 4 superstars. Milloy is still a very good player...but is he worth $3.5 millionn or whatever when you can have Harrison for $1.6? You have to make those kind of decisions. I read an article today (forgot where) that said the Pats go for the B level players and coach the crap out of them instead of paying a select few A players at the expense of the rest of the roster. This ain't the NBA...the team with the most dominant player doesn't necessarily win. Perhaps many teams have better players 1 through 5 or whatever...but no one can make the argument that the Pats have more quality players and depth than anyone in the league. Combine that with a great coaching staff and philosophy, smart cap management (hello Lawyer), and a butt-load of draft picks...and you have the best team in the NFL. If they win 2 Bowls in 3 years...3 in 5 years...doesn't that put them up there with the early '90's Cowboys? I'm not saying a better head to head team...but you can't put together teams like that anymore...it just can't be done. Sorry so long...but I was getting a little sick of this crap.

Didn't I read this same post in another topic? Can you make a post in a Readers Digest version or one in 100 words or less. This is a message board not a play reading.

"When ifs and butts are candy and nuts, everyday will be Christmas". Brian Bosworth

I think the Dolphins are a better team then the Panthers.I think Indy
and Tenn are better.I cant see an NFC Team winning the Super
Bowl this year

Originally posted by Driven

The Pats offense is better than the eagles, plus McNabb was hurt. I think you know what the outcome will be.
yeah, i knew what the outcome would be. the pats would win another game, the way they've been winning all year. i just wondered which panther would leave the door open and it turned out to be kasay!:(

Back
Top Bottom