I hope that all CBs are gone by KCs pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope that all CBs are gone by KCs pick

HysterikiLL said:
Fabian Washington, Justin Miller will still be available. Probably Carlos Rogers too.

IMO - they could still use Surtain. He'll bring more value than any second rounder.

KC needs more than a CB. They could have used a d-linemen

Awsi Dooger said:
No kidding. I guess we should have faxed Carl Peterson immovable demands a few months ago, including a deadline and the wording of his speech once they acquired Surtain for 1st rounders in each of the next 10 years.

In the salary cap era you forfeit the upper hand in certain situations. The numbers are hardly secretive. Market value is not the equivalent of player ability in those situations. We just need to put ourselves in position to take advantage of that the other way around.

Let's say next offseason Saban is putting the squeeze on some team who has a top player they can't reasonably afford. I wonder if the same posters will be bashing Saban for being too damn cheap?

There's a difference between being cheap and being a d***ed idiot. Andy Reid is cheap. This guy is an idiot. Being cheap is not paying Jeremiah Trotter when he throws a hissy and cutting him free. Being an idiot is risking the relationship between your franchise and a franchise player like Tony Gonzalez. Peterson did that. If he isn't careful here, he's going to mess up a good thing for the Chiefs. He's getting a discount based on Miami draft and cap needs. The price *may* go up if he enters the draft and Miami's needs change (due to the trade of the 2nd, for instance). The price *will* go up or at least change if he uses the pick we're after. It goes WAY up if he wants to gamble with past his prime Ty and see how things look going into camp before making a trade in the Booker window because we would have go fix the cap issues to accomodate Surtain's contract by that point.

Good luck Chiefs covering Oakland's Moss...

Even San Diego has too much offensive firepower for them to contain with SAMMY KNIGHT and COMPANY...

I guess it's another year of scores of 45-42...!

redhead said:
Good luck Chiefs covering Oakland's Moss...

Pat isn't going to help with Moss -- he's going to help with Porter. You have to leave Moss out there as the one way his team can beat you and take away every other option. Pat can't cover Randy, but he can absolutely cover Porter up.

Jimmy James said:
Pat isn't going to help with Moss -- he's going to help with Porter. You have to leave Moss out there as the one way his team can beat you and take away every other option. Pat can't cover Randy, but he can absolutely cover Porter up.

That is exactly what I have been thinking that you need Pat to cover Porter, then either take you licks with Moss or double him the entire game. But in the end it all comes down to Surtain on Porter = how Moss will do. If they dont get a 1 on 1 corner like Surtain then they are not going to be able to double Moss.

Jimmy James said:

Pat covered Moss pretty good the last time they faced each other.

byroan said:
Pat covered Moss pretty good the last time they faced each other.

By himself without any safety help? What I'm getting at is that I'd be putting my best corner on the other guy and giving my second best corner safety help on Moss.

Back
Top Bottom