I Hope The Edwards Speculation Is A Saban Ploy... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Hope The Edwards Speculation Is A Saban Ploy...

dolphingator

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think he is doing this to try and get the 49ers to pass on Smith and take Edward themselves... in other words, to entice them to co-opt the Dolphins and draft Edwards and trade him for a ton of picks. He has said a LOT of things that seem to be attempts to manipulate what he can't really control. The ONE variable is that SF picks ahead of us and Saban wants to try somehow to influence what they do. It has worked so far.

Saban really wants Smith as his QB I believe. If the 49ers pick him, whatever we do is Plan B... I am almost 100% sure of that.

Saban can't bluff San Fran into doing anything. What he can do is bluff Minnesota into thinking he will take Edwards and basically forcing them to give up the proper value for this pick.

EVERYTHING SAID UP TO NOW IS ALL B.S. EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

THERES A REASON SABAN DIDNT WANT MEDIA IN THE FACILITY, TO PREVENT ALL THIS NONSENSE.

WHY WOULD HE SAY "HE WANTS SMITH" AND THEN 2 DaYS LATER "I WANT BRAYLON" ????

RIDICULOUS....JUST SIT BACK AND WAIT TILL SATURDAY.....GEEZ

KB21 said:
Saban can't bluff San Fran into doing anything. What he can do is bluff Minnesota into thinking he will take Edwards and basically forcing them to give up the proper value for this pick.

Exactly

KB21 said:

You're on the money!

dolphingator said:
I think he is doing this to try and get the 49ers to pass on Smith and take Edward themselves... in other words, to entice them to co-opt the Dolphins and draft Edwards and trade him for a ton of picks. He has said a LOT of things that seem to be attempts to manipulate what he can't really control. The ONE variable is that SF picks ahead of us and Saban wants to try somehow to influence what they do. It has worked so far.

Saban really wants Smith as his QB I believe. If the 49ers pick him, whatever we do is Plan B... I am almost 100% sure of that.

Please explain how Saban at #2 can bluff SF at #1.....:confused:

Its an obvious ploy.Saban is a man that keeps things close to his vest.If he comes out to make statements its because he is advertising to other teams that he may draft their man and that they need to trade up with the Dolphins.He did it first with Smith and now that it seems that the Niners might take Smith he is doing it with Edwards.Its his best chance to get a good trade down IMO.

dolfreak said:
EVERYTHING SAID UP TO NOW IS ALL B.S. EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

THERES A REASON SABAN DIDNT WANT MEDIA IN THE FACILITY, TO PREVENT ALL THIS NONSENSE.

WHY WOULD HE SAY "HE WANTS SMITH" AND THEN 2 DaYS LATER "I WANT BRAYLON" ????

RIDICULOUS....JUST SIT BACK AND WAIT TILL SATURDAY.....GEEZ

Exactly. Everything boys and girls, and I mean everything out of our front office has been a smoke screen. We want other teams confused going into our first draft with Saban hoping to trade with anyone who bites. I love it. No one on the planet outside the inner circle down in Davie know who we really even want. that is the best way to approach the draft and Saban is playing this like a master.

let me tell you .... i am excited to finally have this draft less than two days away.... cause us dolphins fan have thought of every single scenerio and by now all the speculation was fun and all at the beggining but now its really gettin me sick to the stomach .... i cant wait for the draft...

Back
Top Bottom