I hope we keep Brandon Jones. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope we keep Brandon Jones.

Depends on the scheme that the new DC runs…
Right. Jones was a pleasant surprise last season, but under Fangio he wasn't as good. It was the same with Kohou; last year he did pretty good as an undrafted rookie (although he had way too many penalties) playing in the slot, but this year Fangio had him on the outside and he got burnt a lot. IMO, I'm glad Fangio is gone.

Right. Jones was a pleasant surprise last season, but under Fangio he wasn't as good. It was the same with Kohou; last year he did pretty good as an undrafted rookie (although he had way too many penalties) playing in the slot, but this year Fangio had him on the outside and he got burnt a lot. IMO, I'm glad Fangio is gone.
Brandon Jones got better as the season went on though

Doesn't matter, if we don't sign him he signs somewhere else quick. This kid plays, not always right but he's there more often than not.

Our next DC will most certainly play more press and blitz a bit more liberally, which is where Jones is probably better than the others.

Not unexpectedly, his play did suffer his first few games back from injury, however.

And the issue of him taking out his fellow teammates..

Can't have that.

Our next DC will most certainly play more press and blitz a bit more liberally, which is where Jones is probably better than the others.

Not unexpectedly, his play did suffer his first few games back from injury, however.

And the issue of him taking out his fellow teammates..

Can't have that.
I’m not sure how you know the next DC will press and blitz more liberally since they haven’t hired a new DC yet.

I do agree that I would like to see more press coverage and blitzing but if they hire a DC that learned under Fangio, I won’t be surprised if they play a similar defense in that case.

Desai and Staley both came up under Fangio and they are both under consideration for the DC position with the Dolphins.

I’m not sure how you know the next DC will press and blitz more liberally since they haven’t hired a new DC yet.
Lol, well of course I don't know since we haven't hired one yet but don't you think it's elementary to assume our next DC would get us off the bottom of the rating as far as press and blitzes?

Maybe I'm just making the mother of all assumptions here, Iunno.

I forgot Jones was a FA at some point. Man, we got a lot of guys we should re-sign. Too many, Dammit.

Back
Top Bottom