I hope we keep Brandon Jones. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope we keep Brandon Jones.

Lol, well of course I don't know since we haven't hired one yet but don't you think it's elementary to assume our next DC would get us off the bottom of the rating as far as press and blitzes?

Maybe I'm just making the mother of all assumptions here, Iunno.
The Dolphins had a top five defense before they lost some of their top players to injury. They also had the third highest sack total in the entire league without relying on blitzing much.

If they end up hiring a DC from the Fangio tree, I really wouldn’t expect them to run a much different defense in regards to the blitz. I think the new DC might decide to use the press more and allow Ramsey to cover the #! WR
of the opponent but I believe any DC that came up in the Fangio defensive scheme will run a defense similar to Fangio.

If they decide to hire a DC that did not work under Fangio, then I could see them running a different defense than they did this past season. We just have to wait and see who they hire as their next DC.

I don’t.

He’s an undersized linebacker. Jerome Baker is an oversized safety. If they switched souls, maybe they’d be good players. As is, they both suck.

Get linebackers who like to hit and safeties who can cover deep. It’s really not that complicated.

Excellent blitzer if that's what the new DC wants
might need to blitz at least early on the season with Chubb out till at least November or later and possibly not having Phillips to start the year either....hoping we keep AVG but blitzing might be necessary

might need to blitz at least early on the season with Chubb out till at least November or later and possibly not having Phillips to start the year either....hoping we keep AVG but blitzing might be necessary
Good point, Danny

After his best game of the year, the very next game Holland came back

He had one rep

This has been couldn’t find a way to include a player coming off his best game

It was a little disappointing in that everyone had these really high hopes of exotic packages we were going to see under Fangio… 3 safety looks with 1 LB with Brandon Jones playing in the box…

In the end, maybe it was injuries or just foolish optimism..

Separately, Brandon Jones was always going to have a rough first half of the year coming off the injury as a limited athlete. He got better as the year went on and he’d be a great depth player to have if we can resign him.

I don’t.

He’s an undersized linebacker. Jerome Baker is an oversized safety. If they switched souls, maybe they’d be good players. As is, they both suck.

Get linebackers who like to hit and safeties who can cover deep. It’s really not that complicated.

This.

Our next DC will most certainly play more press and blitz a bit more liberally, which is where Jones is probably better than the others.

Not unexpectedly, his play did suffer his first few games back from injury, however.

And the issue of him taking out his fellow teammates..

Can't have that.
It was mind boggling how little we blitzed. It felt like we just let some QBs have all day to pick up apart.

It was equally mind boggling that we never played press when we had two of the best press corners in the league (although X has missed a step).

I know Fangio had his type of defense he likes to run, but we were built for a completely different scheme.

Incredible blitzer for sure, but other than that, meh! Not a huge loss if he goes. Im okay with a defensive house cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom