I just got home from 4 days at training camp.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I just got home from 4 days at training camp..

NYPhinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I am unpacking as we speak but I will try to get some thoughts down together when I have a chance to breathe...just off the top of my head...Will Poole looks like a tremendous draft pick for us...made plays all over the field...I came away very impressed by Sammy Morris...tough runner who could surprise...Davis Boston will make alot of plays for us...the o-line still needs work...Bua and Pope at linebacker are a jolt of energy and youth we sorely need...Thank God for Ed perry///not a single bad snap in 4 days...and nothing really exciting about our QBs....will write more when i get a chance...if anyone has any questions..or wants to know about particular players...just ask away....will try to answer anything someone asks...and for a disclaimer...these are all my opinoins

It looks like Boston has lost all the weight that the team wanted...it seems like they are running alot of slants to him...getting him the ball on the run and having him run over people...they even ran a couple of reverses to him in practice...and he got into a little shoving match with Sippio after a run...Everyone seems to think he is having a very good camp...he is still an unbelieveable sight when you see him up close...and jerry Sullivan talks to him almost after every play...Boston will be a huge plus in the red zone.

Ross said:
I just want to hear some news on the Oline. everything else hinges on those guys...

Thanks...
Agreed, everything seems to hinge on these guys this year. I too would like as many inputs into the line as I can get. Especially against the pass. I understand the offense is entertaining possibly using 3 wide and even 5 wide sets(good news in my oppinion), but if the offensive line can't provide the time... I'd like the input.

Ok...Snoop missed a couple of practices for bruised ribs...he has such a slight buld...he is in a numbers game...we are looking at Chambers and Boston..then prob Thompson...then a fight between Simmons(who looks like he will fight it out on K/R-P/R) with Terrance Wilkins..then you have Tolver and maybe then Snoop with a couple of Free Agents(Ronald Bellamy)...I think the most WRS they will carry will be 5...maybe 6...looks tough...as for Jay or AJ...both have thier moments...good and bad...you can see that Jay has the better grasp of the offense...but his deep ball is still so maddening...throws it out of bounds and short...AJ seems to run around tthe pocket more and throws alot more to the backs and TE...yet he has a strong arm and can really rifle it...neither has really taken the job by the horns yet

As for the most important part...the o-line...mixed reviews...by far the most impressive player has and will be jeno james...he gets out there early to work on his technique...he has a mean streak...is strong and finishes every play...hopefully he will become the leader of this line..Wade Smith looks bigger and more confident..but JT still blows by him at times...but I think this kid will eventually become a top OT...Mckinney seems to keep his own on the line...don't see any major problems...but don't see anything special either...Greg Jerman is tough and big...but looks like he needs alot of reps with the first team...St Clair looks very experienced and big...and seems to be doing a good job...solid...but even he seems to have problems with the speed rushers...Vernon carey has been working with the second team and has looked good...he will challenge for the starting job when the Exhibition games start...Macintosh is huge..huge...but he is injured and just does alot of conditioning drills...everyone one is saying he will not be dressed till week 6...if that is the case...it will be tough to start shuffling the line that late in the season...would love to see him at RT and Carey and ST Clair at RG...think that might be our best combo...you see a couple of plays where the holes are opened up for the running game...and others where they are run over...same with the passing game...although at this point I think they are a better running o-line then passing one...but it is early

NYPhinFan said:
It looks like Boston has lost all the weight that the team wanted...it seems like they are running alot of slants to him...getting him the ball on the run and having him run over people...they even ran a couple of reverses to him in practice...and he got into a little shoving match with Sippio after a run...Everyone seems to think he is having a very good camp...he is still an unbelieveable sight when you see him up close...and jerry Sullivan talks to him almost after every play...Boston will be a huge plus in the red zone.

sippio ? is he playing on D ? i know he played DB somewhere, but wasn´t he the arena league WR star ? :huh:

Sippio is entirely playing as a DB...he is by far the tallest DB we have...he looks very raw at the position...but he made a couple of nice punt blocks in one of the drills...and looks very physical in his play(got into a little shoving match with Boston)...as for the other DBS...since Madison and Surtain have really not taken any snaps...all of the others have seen alot of action..Howard has been Solid...Roundtree and Banks have had there moments..both good and bad...they seem to play off the WRs alot more than our regular guys..Poole...well I guess everyone is getting tired of hearing about this guy...but he was by far the most impressive player I saw in 4 days..with Sammy Morris close...he was making plays on almost very pass play...and he does not seem tentaive at all...he is no Jamar Fletcher...saw him make more plays in one practice then Fletcher made his entire time here...this does have the makings of our best secondary in years...

NYPhinFan said:
As for the most important part...the o-line...mixed reviews...by far the most impressive player has and will be jeno james...he gets out there early to work on his technique...he has a mean streak...is strong and finishes every play...hopefully he will become the leader of this line..Wade Smith looks bigger and more confident..but JT still blows by him at times...but I think this kid will eventually become a top OT...Mckinney seems to keep his own on the line...don't see any major problems...but don't see anything special either...Greg Jerman is tough and big...but looks like he needs alot of reps with the first team...St Clair looks very experienced and big...and seems to be doing a good job...solid...but even he seems to have problems with the speed rushers...Vernon carey has been working with the second team and has looked good...he will challenge for the starting job when the Exhibition games start...Macintosh is huge..huge...but he is injured and just does alot of conditioning drills...everyone one is saying he will not be dressed till week 6...if that is the case...it will be tough to start shuffling the line that late in the season...would love to see him at RT and Carey and ST Clair at RG...think that might be our best combo...you see a couple of plays where the holes are opened up for the running game...and others where they are run over...same with the passing game...although at this point I think they are a better running o-line then passing one...but it is early

Thanks man,

--Ross

Back
Top Bottom