I just got home from 4 days at training camp.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I just got home from 4 days at training camp..

NYPhinFan said:
Sippio is entirely playing as a DB...he is by far the tallest DB we have...he looks very raw at the position...but he made a couple of nice punt blocks in one of the drills...and looks very physical in his play(got into a little shoving match with Boston)...as for the other DBS...since Madison and Surtain have really not taken any snaps...all of the others have seen alot of action..Howard has been Solid...Roundtree and Banks have had there moments..both good and bad...they seem to play off the WRs alot more than our regular guys..Poole...well I guess everyone is getting tired of hearing about this guy...but he was by far the most impressive player I saw in 4 days..with Sammy Morris close...he was making plays on almost very pass play...and he does not seem tentaive at all...he is no Jamar Fletcher...saw him make more plays in one practice then Fletcher made his entire time here...this does have the makings of our best secondary in years...
I am surprised about Scipio.I Thought he would be playing WR (Wasnt he supposed to be the next Gadsden?).If he shows ant talent maybe theyll keep him for his versatility (WR,DB,ST)

Jenkins looks like he has taken a step back this camp...I don't know if it has to do with his father getting shot...ot what...but Bua and especailly Pope have made the coaches take notice...Jenkins needs to step it up very soon...as for Hart...he had an absolutly awful performance on Tues afternoon...on 3 plays in 10 minites...he fumbles twice and dropped an easy pass...and got an earful from Wanny..."hold on to the damn Ball!!"...I looked over to my brother and we both said cut at the same time

Based on what I've heard, the pecking order at WR is:

1. Chris Chambers
2. David Boston
3. Derrius Thompson
4. Kendall Newson
5. Sam Simmons/Terrence Wilkins
6. J.R. Tolver/Marvin Minnis/Ronald Bellamy

KBISBACK said:
Based on what I've heard, the pecking order at WR is:

1. Chris Chambers
2. David Boston
3. Derrius Thompson
4. Kendall Newson
5. Sam Simmons/Terrence Wilkins
6. J.R. Tolver/Marvin Minnis/Ronald Bellamy

I would put that exactly as you put them...perfect...

NYPhinFan said:
It looks like Boston has lost all the weight that the team wanted...it seems like they are running alot of slants to him...getting him the ball on the run and having him run over people....
If they intend to use DB like this they will be forced to start Feeley. Fiedler is notorious for not being able to hit his receivers in stride. A slant route is worthless if the receiver has to stop, reverse direction, and dive to the ground to catch the ball.

NYPhinFan said:
Jenkins looks like he has taken a step back this camp...I don't know if it has to do with his father getting shot...ot what...but Bua and especailly Pope have made the coaches take notice...Jenkins needs to step it up very soon...as for Hart...he had an absolutly awful performance on Tues afternoon...on 3 plays in 10 minites...he fumbles twice and dropped an easy pass...and got an earful from Wanny..."hold on to the damn Ball!!"...I looked over to my brother and we both said cut at the same time
Ooh. Bad. Hopefully, if he gets to stick around a little longer Turner'll do something to redeem himself and I hope Jenkins' father gets better that sucks.:shakeno: I'm pretty sure Jenkins will stick around and keep his backup spot (not that he got to use it... even when Seau was hurt). If his dad gets better he'll get his head back in it and do good. Thanks for the news.

NYPhinFan said:
since Madison and Surtain have really not taken any snaps

Dont you all think Sam and Pat should be practicing this new rule change? I do believe they have the most holding penalties

It is early in camp and they both have little dings...they don't need that much practice time...and have given alot of looks for these other guys...have I told you how good Will Poole has looked?..lol...he was very impressive

Back
Top Bottom