I know more than the Front Office | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I know more than the Front Office

Are you better prepared to draft than the front office?

• yes

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • no

Votes: 20 74.1%

• Total voters

burger13

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Please help me out here. I hear all of these comments on what we should do and how pissed everyone will be if we do this, or don't do that. Let me know who here is actually better prepared for this draft and knows more than the Dolphins FO. Please include your qualifications and explain how you have better prepared for this draft and why you are able to judge who exactly is the best selection.

I admit that I don't know better than the FO, but I also don't agree with the premise of your poll as explained by your message. For instance, I don't have to be better prepared than the guys in the FO to be rightfully pissed if we use #20 to draft Kevin Jones or a guy who is projected to go in the late second round. The point there is that even those of us who are not experts can see the folly, so the FO guys should see it as well.

Jimmy James said:
I admit that I don't know better than the FO, but I also don't agree with the premise of your poll as explained by your message. For instance, I don't have to be better prepared than the guys in the FO to be rightfully pissed if we use #20 to draft Kevin Jones or a guy who is projected to go in the late second round. The point there is that even those of us who are not experts can see the folly, so the FO guys should see it as well.

But following your logic, and I'm sure these fans did at the time.....

Saints fans cursed the pick of Deuce, because they already had Ricky. But that turned out alright.

And, Bengal fans cursed the pick of Chad Johnson, because he was supposed to be a second round pick.

Choosing Deuce is distinguishable from choosing Jones for the following reasons:

Deuce was value at the pick, while Jones projects lower in the 1st.
The Saints had an underperforming Ricky, while we have a Ricky we're satisfied with plus Minor and Henry.

If we took Jackson at #20, I wouldn't complain at all. In fact, I would call that a shark move due to his relative value.

As to Johnson, I would have been pissed myself. Knowing a guy is good is one thing, but that's still no reason to take him a round early. That's what trading down is for.

Look we are here because we like to talk about the Dolphins and give our opinion. Of course we are not experts. Sheesh.

Look at all the fans that cursed the Jamar Fletcher pick. Guess what? We were right.
Yes, every once in a while the fans know more than the front office.

burger13 said:
Please help me out here. I hear all of these comments on what we should do and how pissed everyone will be if we do this, or don't do that. Let me know who here is actually better prepared for this draft and knows more than the Dolphins FO. Please include your qualifications and explain how you have better prepared for this draft and why you are able to judge who exactly is the best selection.

You are being a :goof: with this post.

If you don't want to hear opinions about what fans think of their team and what they feel they think is best for the team then you sure would'nt come to an internet message board. You're "talking to hear yourself talk"!
If you have an argument about what players you think should be drafted, who should'nt and why then fine. If you're coming here to tell us all that none of us could possibly have a somewhat educated opinion about a player or a position that should be drafted, get over yourself!
Your time would be better spent staring into your mirror to entertain yourself since you feel that you are so great that "your qualifications" entitle you to tell us whether we should have an opinion or not.

LIQUID24 said:
Look at all the fans that cursed the Jamar Fletcher pick. Guess what? We were right.

Hear is an example you just can't argue with!
Nice job liquid.
A short, slow corner that never played press coverage.....
Perfect fit for the Fins D.... draft him! :shakeno:

the minute they announced his name till this very day I don't know what the hell Wanny was thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
The FO has more info and the have all the tapes and we don't Having said that, nobody's perfect and the FO can gooff off too. They make mistakes just like we do.There have been 4 players that a lot of people on this board like. Smiley, Andrews,Evans and Vilma.Maybe I should say Clayton too. Well, the FO probably likes those guys too but they're only gonna pick one and if they miss on that one player, then a few people on this board would be right and the FO wrong.

Ozzy rules!!

Burger...we all look at what the FO has done for the last 4 years and think we could have done it better, albeit most of us probably look at it from hindsight glasses which makes it much easier than what the FO actually has to deal with. What many of the people who "will be really pissed if [such and such] is not taken" complain about read the reviews, see a few of these guys on tape, some have a little playing time in college behind them, and consider themselves "experts or better than average". The deal is that it is fun to second guess what RS is doing...Heck, it's fun to second guess what by boss does too...This, to me is about having fun, discussing something that I'm passionate about with others that are passionate too...Am I alway right, not hardly. Do I think my opinion is better than anyone elses...not hardly. Look, 2/3s of us could be "right" and I'd be happy with that....I mean, I don't like Andrews at 20, for example. But if we pick him and he becomes an All Pro in his rookie year, I'll be ecstatic and would eat the crow I had coming to me...If he is a bust, I'll yell to anyone who will listen (er...read)...Just havin' fun....

Trekbiz said:
Hear is an example you just can't argue with!
Nice job liquid.
A short, slow corner that never played press coverage.....
Perfect fit for the Fins D.... draft him! :shakeno:

the minute they announced his name till this very day I don't know what the hell Wanny was thinking.

Don't yall know Wanny has forgotten more about football then us fans could ever hope to learn. :lol:

burger13 said:
But following your logic, and I'm sure these fans did at the time.....

Saints fans cursed the pick of Deuce, because they already had Ricky. But that turned out alright.

And, Bengal fans cursed the pick of Chad Johnson, because he was supposed to be a second round pick.

And look how the Eagle fans booed D McNabb when he came to the podium in NY !!!!

Oops I forgot,, that is what being an Eagle fan is all about .....

:goof:

:lol:

Marino1983

LIQUID24 said:

Hum... and look at ALL the fans that questioned the release of D Gardener !!

Let's see, DG will be starting out spring training with yet another team ...

Some Dolphin fans can NEVER give D Wannestedt ANY credit .... :rolleyes2

:shakeno:

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom