I know nobody likes talking about defense, but here's a good Safety Prospect | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I know nobody likes talking about defense, but here's a good Safety Prospect

offense, offense, offense, offense, offense, offense, offense, offense and more offense - that's what I want. I want 1984 all over again. This D is just not getting us far enuf, we need 100% balance and w/the cap the way it is, that means drafting for the O exclusively

you want to improve the D, get a better OL so that we can get more 1st downs and keep the D on the sidelines

Originally posted by dolphan39
offense, offense, offense, offense, offense, offense, offense, offense and more offense - that's what I want. I want 1984 all over again. This D is just not getting us far enuf, we need 100% balance and w/the cap the way it is, that means drafting for the O exclusively

you want to improve the D, get a better OL so that we can get more 1st downs and keep the D on the sidelines

You never neglect your D. if a good player is there when you pick. No one is saying make him a 1st rounder. but later rounds look for him if he's there. We all know that the Fins have to address their O, but if you may lose OG, Marion, you do have to look for gems on D too.

agreed, we are VERY young on offense... mcmike, chambers, yates, whitley, wade smith, german, mckinney, ricky, get a young WR, young OL, and of course a young QB... then it's back to the defensive side of the ball as far as im concerned. we are getting older there and it is time to retool with younger guys and cheaper contracts.

I didn't say a 2nd rounder for Sanders, I said a 2nd THIRD ROUNDER. As in, if we had multiple third round selections, we could use the latter of those for Sanders. At the very least I bet Sanders would be a monster special teamer like I said and he could be another Tank Williams or somethin.

BTW MD I'm not sure it takes a rocket scientist to play strong or free safety. I remember one guy I forget who it was, one of the reasons he dropped was because I believe he scored like the lowest anyone had heard of in a long time on the Wonderlic. I think he got like a 6 or a 9 or somethin ridiculous like that. I just took the Wonderlic for Raymond James. Same thing they give to NFL draft prospects in Indy. Its a 12 minute test with 50 questions and you're by no means expected to answer all 50. After my results I could not even imagine scoring like a "9" on the test. But this safety prospect went on to do quite well in the NFL. I forget which guy it was.

Back
Top Bottom