I know that this sounds crazy.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I know that this sounds crazy..

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
but what if the dolphins let Wade go to another team via Free agency, moved Wade Smith back to his natural position of RT where there would be less pressure than LT and sign a stud LT in free agency. In my opinion, Wade wasn't spectacular last season even though he was in his contract year. Plus, why overspend on a RT when you have a right-handed quarterback. I'd rather put the money on the left side.

Thats a noble thought. But it would have made sense with Brunell as a Dolphin. Also, i beleive RS when he says he will rebuild the interior of the line. And wade is pretty much gonna be signed as far as i can tell.

Not a bad idea, as long as you got a stud LT. I don't know who that would be.

I agree about Smith. I am not sure why everyone is so high on him. How many times did he get beat for a fumble causing sack? Five or six? And just a regular sack?? It seems he got beat an awful lot.

I like the idea, too. However, there are no stud LTs available. I would like to see them pass on Wade and use a 1st round pick on Vernon Carey and throw him in at RT from day #1. However, I'd like to see them get Philip Rivers, too. What do you do at #20 and #23 (assuming the Seahawks get Ogun) if Clayton (and other WRs), Rivers and Carey are all available?

as for wade smith, only b/c he played one of the hardest positions defending against some of the best pass-rushers in the league, as a 3rd round rookie who wasn't supposed to start and only had training camp and preseason to learn any of the system and blocking. He did a pretty good job being thrown into the fire......not as well as I would like but I won't knock the guy. Next year, after beefing up in size and strength he will be even better. That kid has extremely quick feet....I think only McKnight had quicker feet (doing the drills for feet agility/quickness) and he is a much bigger kid then McKnight (who's a speedy receiver, not a tackle). He's got the skills and instinct to be an elite tackle in another couple of years after continue to get stronger and gaining some experience.

we cannot afford to resign T Wade, let alone get a stud LT... and Clifton, Pace, Jones are all franchised so I do not think there is a LT out there better than Wade Smith

Smith's not big enough to play RT imo. Anyway, is academic cos he'll start at LT.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny
Smith's not big enough to play RT imo. Anyway, is academic cos he'll start at LT.

Ozzy rules!!

If he's not big enough to start at RT, why would he be big enough to start at LT? With a right-handed qb, the LT is more important than the RT due to the fact that the LT is protecting the qb's blindside.

Wade Smith's 'natural position' is actually TE. He is a fixture at LT as he has the sweet feet.

I would rather move one of them to the right gaurd than release on out right....we need as much help on o-line as we can get.

Originally posted by Boomer
Wade Smith's 'natural position' is actually TE. He is a fixture at LT as he has the sweet feet.

If we're going to be technical, you're right. I was referring to his "natural" O-line position.

Back
Top Bottom